This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get fit-over goggles

Rojzen asked in another thread for information to be passed on if someone found good goggles which fit over prescription glasses.

I have found just this, from a great guy called Al Mendez on e-bay.com His shop is called wesco-safety, and the goggles fit over normal prescription glasses, and they have a foam seal around the edges. Not as close, or as good quality as panoptx, obviously, but a whole lot better than plain wraparound glasses.

The beauty is that you can get them in either clear plastic, yellow tinted, or sunglass tinted (ie black). I've been wearing the clear ones indoors where there is central heating, air con, as well as outside and they really help enormously.

They're cheap - $15 approx. Made by Global Vision, and probably freely available in the US, but certainly not here in the UK.

Al is very efficient, and I got my goggles within a week.

Since then, I've actually discovered an ebay supplier in the UK of the same product - if you're interested pm me.

hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by eva b; 07-Mar-2008, 08:08. Reason: sorry - posted twice by mistake

Thank you

I had to thank you for this Eva. I saw this post and have been using these glasses for several months now. They have been a real life saver. I found them on ebay in the US. I have the clear, transition, and gray, if fact, multiple pairs of each.

I actually sleep in a pair of these. I cannot tolerate any pressure on my eye or close to the eye. These rest on my brow and cheek bones, so there is no pressure to irritate my eye. You wouldn't think they would stay on without a strap, but they do for me.

I have been suprised by how many compliments I get on the sunglasses. They are awfully big, and I don't think they are attractive, but people ask me where I got them all the time.

If they ever quit making these I don't know what I will do.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks you helped change my life for the better.

Comment

Working...
    X