Where to get fit-over goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get fit-over goggles

Rojzen asked in another thread for information to be passed on if someone found good goggles which fit over prescription glasses.

I have found just this, from a great guy called Al Mendez on e-bay.com His shop is called wesco-safety, and the goggles fit over normal prescription glasses, and they have a foam seal around the edges. Not as close, or as good quality as panoptx, obviously, but a whole lot better than plain wraparound glasses.

The beauty is that you can get them in either clear plastic, yellow tinted, or sunglass tinted (ie black). I've been wearing the clear ones indoors where there is central heating, air con, as well as outside and they really help enormously.

They're cheap - $15 approx. Made by Global Vision, and probably freely available in the US, but certainly not here in the UK.

Al is very efficient, and I got my goggles within a week.

Since then, I've actually discovered an ebay supplier in the UK of the same product - if you're interested pm me.

hope this helps someone!

Wesco goggles

Thanks so much, eva b! I have come close to purchasing the goggles you describe, but NYer gave them a try, and found them to be a bit large for her face. . .I wear children's size glasses, generally, and so I suspect the Wesco fitovers will be too large (and I think they are one-size fits all, alas). . .In the interim, I use a clear safety fitover that Ocusoft sells. . .It has no foam, but it is not too obtrusive. . .I am able to get away with this temporary solution only because right now, I'm going without protective eyewear (except for my regular glasses) for much of the day. . .This happened after 7 months on Dwelle and FreshKote. ..Still, I shall always need to have protective eyewear on hand, and so the search continues. . .

In a few months, I think, there shall be a new non-goggle solution on the market that can, apparently, be used either with or without prescription glasses. . .Rebecca is tracking this and other options for us. . .

Thank you again. . .It was so kind of you to post on this issue in several threads. . .It is so lovely how we take care of each other here . . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Well, so long as I hav Rojzen answering exactly what I was going to say, I don't have to say anything! LOL
      But I do want to add a little bit. I found the goggles to be not only oversized on me, but also on my fiance, so it wasn't just my small face that didn't have the foam touching on the cheeks.
      And, for the record, I didn't find Al Mendez to be the helpful guy that you found him to be. I had to initiate a dispute through PayPal in order to get him to respond and handle the return the way he was supposed to. He didn't reply to any of my emails nor to my phone calls. I would not do business with them again.
      I'm glad that you had an easy time of it, though.

Comment

good tohear your feedback

Rojzen and NYer

obviously my face is a lot bigger than I thought it was lol
        yes, the goggles are a one size fits all, but seem to be OK for me - not airtight, but OK over normal glasses.

Until we get something better available here, I don't have much choice.

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience, NYer, I shan't be so quick to recommend Al again! As I said, I've now found a supplier here in the UK, so we OK for the time being...perhaps, as it's an American brand, there are other people selling the same thing somewhere more helpful!

yes, we have to look out for one another, don't we?

Comment

I'm sure you have a small face, too, Eva!! Must be just the way your glasses fit underneath!
          I guess he liked your exotic accent better than mine, so you got better service!

Comment

Non goggle solution

Rojzen and Rebecca please keep us posted on the none goggle solution.

Comment

Working...
            X