Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone made their own Moisture Chamber glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone made their own Moisture Chamber glasses?

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere..... my burning eyeballs can't take hours of looking and reading.

I wear Panoptx all day long and they are heavy and leave indentations in my face.

Is there any way we can take a pair of regular glasses and purchase something that can make them into moisture chambers?

Do you need a particular type of frame (metal, plastic?).

Is there somewhere to order materials?

Are there any instructions?

I guess I'd like a little break from my world living inside Panoptx goggles and some days I just can't take it anymore.

Thanks!

Moisture Chamber glasses

Hi,
    There are two journal papers about how to fit(trim) them. Once I saw once how's done I can tell that is not difficult. I am sure I can do it on my own.
    I got my shield panels from eaglevision. You can google it or call them. They cost about 35$/8 panels shipping included. I think I posted this.....
    Glasses must be kind a round metallic frame, so the less corners the better and easier to fit.
    When the lenses are made they have a sharpen edge which fits the frame groove. You can ask the optician to file that edge a little so it won't trim your panels. After you put the panels inside they will stick out cause they are much bigger than needed. Make sure the panels are sticking out in front of frame about half inch too. You'll need that in case you make a mistake and trim more than needed.
    Next is trimming little by little. It takes for an experienced one about 40 min. Make sure when you put the panels inside the frame you leave about half inch.
    It's probably better to see a fitted pair......

Good Luck!!!

George

Comment

Hi All,

I have been wondering about this myself - I am using Wiley-X. I have had them for about two months and the foam is already gross and compressed.

I spoke with an optician in New York who makes moisture chamber glasses (with or without a prescription). The cost is about $400, but it would require a trip all the way to NY for fitting. It sounds like he is one of the few in the country who do this and he doesn't know of any on the West coast (that is where I am at).

He is sending me instructions on how to make them and suggested that I might be able to find an optician in my area that can make them for me. I am happy to share his contact information if you want to PM me. I found his information on the internet.

It sounds like Eagle Vision might be a good resource also.

If anybody else comes up with options or knows of an optician in the Seattle area that can do this for me, please let me know. Thanks!!

MDE

Comment

I made a thread (With pictures!) on how to put a basic set together. http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=5839
        Last edited by nahzee; 25-Apr-2008, 01:51.

Comment

Working...
        X