Moisture chambers over contact lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture chambers over contact lenses

I currently wear a bandage lens over my eyes, soft lenses. Bandage lens helps some but still dry as a bone. Wanted to know if anyone has had success wearing moisture chambers over contacts for added relief? Thx!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Absolutely

I bought the onion goggles from the dry eye store. I knew they worked after I had the following experience.

I was driving to a Best Buy that is 20 minutes from my house. I was wearing my contacts, and they started to become irritated, my vision became blurry, and I started getting nauseous. I went into the store, and the symptoms all got much worse. Heading home, I remembered that my onion goggles were in my gym bag. I threw em on, and what do you know? ALL my symptoms went away in a matter of about 10 minutes. The blurriness, the irritation, the nausea, gone. The symptoms will come back after about 10 minutes without the goggles on, but I was ecstatic to find SOME relief!

To be fair, Onion goggles don't give you ideal optics, but they are great for computer work and in a pinch.
    Last edited by mflores22; 15-Apr-2008, 18:58.

Comment

I just wish the Onion Goggles came in reading glasses. They are very helpful...but I can't read the computer screen with them on - need magnification.

Comment

NYer,
        I wonder if something like this could help you on the Onion Goggles:
        http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/optx...-bifocals.html

It won't help me because my reading prescription needs astigmatism correction as well as magnification.

Comment

Thanks, 20/20...I already tried those and returned them. In theory, they're a great idea. In practice, they didn't work.

Comment

Working...
          X