Question about Panoptx fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Panoptx fit

I found a Harley dealer here in San Diego that has an excellent selection of Panoptx/7Eye sunglasses (Kearney Mesa Harley for those of you in SoCal). I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with the fit of most models. I wanted to purchase the Whirlwind, those were the most appealing cosmetically to me. Unfortunately, the Chudura were the only one's that fit well, and not perfect at that. Every model I tried left a gap near the outside of the eye, and I'm worried that if I buy them, I won't get the relief that I get from a perfect seal (like in my Onion goggles). The Churdura fit pretty snugly, but if I squinted or anything like that, the perfect seal would be broken. The woman who helped me said that the perfect seal would come from wearing a strap with the glasses when you ride. Unfortunately, I'm not a biker.

I was just wondering if someone else has a less than perfect fit but got good results from wearing their Panoptx. Or, perhaps some weather stripping to fill in the gap? I have had such good results with the Onion goggles, I really hope I can find some sunglasses that perform well outdoors.

Originally posted by mflores22 View Post
    I have had such good results with the Onion goggles, I really hope I can find some sunglasses that perform well outdoors.
    mflores22,

Did they have any Cyclones available to try on? I tend to think that the Onion Goggles are more similar to the Cyclone than any other Panoptx frame. It is available only in matte black with the light-adjusting (24:7) lens. It's one of the styles with a built-in eyecup. If you haven't tried that one yet it might be worth calling around to the local dealers to see if they have any you can try on. If you can't locate a pair we've got some and if they don't fit you can send them back.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

No, I don't believe they had the Cyclone. Thanks for the tip, I'm really excited to get into a pair of Panoptx!

Thanks.

Comment

Worked for me

I have a similar problem only mine is right above the bridge of my nose. I've found that the Cyclone fit me the best. I have two pair (non prescription) and then one pair of prescription that are Solano. Even tho they don't fit perfectly, I find they are of great help with my dry eyes.

I just got a pair of new eyeglasses and enjoyed several months of wearing a regular frame, but I've noticed some of the airconditioners and ceiling fans are working now and it's time to update my Panoptx prescription. I'm going to put the next ones in the Cyclone frame. They are just the best fit for me.

Billye

Billye

Comment

Working...
        X