Glasses Insert/Foam Lined Goggle--New from Rudy Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasses Insert/Foam Lined Goggle--New from Rudy Project

Just saw a brochure on this at my optical shop.

The Guardyan .

It's a wrap around sunglass with snap-in shield foam liner, and has optical inserts that can be made in any prescription---high minus, etc.---comes with regular temples and/or elastic strap. They have 9 different lens colors to choose from including clear and photochromatic. About $180 (before the cost of the Rx).

I can't tell if the foam liner is as complete as the Panoptx type, but the shop has some on order, and I'll go back and look at them. My husband wants to get a pair.

C

Nice find!

I'm kind of wondering whether the foam gasket AND the Rx insert can both be snapped into the same frame?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's the case---that's what the optician thought. I'll take a look when he gets them in his shop, and report back.

C

Comment

Rx-able but with limitations

To follow up--

I called the company today. They said the Guardyan can have both the Rx insert and the foam liner together.

Unfortunately, the prescription capabilities are more limited than I first thought, which is usually the case with these types of glasses.

In a progressive, the powers are +4.00 to -6.00 max, and in a single vision lens the power can be as high as -8.00. So, I am a bit disappointed, 'cause I have to have a -8.25, and I can't function unless I have a progressive.

C

Comment

I know what you mean

I looked at these types of sunglasses last year and it was very disappointing. There is nothing that looks very good or fits very well for people who have high prescriptions. Fitover sunglasses are about as close as it gets and that doesn't work completely either.

I found that even if it were possible to get them to fit, the inserts cause the frame to sit out further and so you don't get a good seal around the frame. Also you might have the insert hitting your cheek or eyelashes.

Best wishes,
          dryeyes2

Comment

Working...
          X