Don't advise buying the SPF100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't advise buying the SPF100

Bought the diablo style - looks like a mosquito or a fly - would not be caught wearing these unless on a motorcycle - Sending them back tomorrow - any won the SPF75 style

Have you found an alternative?

I agree that they look rediculous, but that was the only Panoptx frame in the place that seem to fit, all others hit my cheekbones and wouldn't get a seal. I even went to try the WileyX at another local place, 8 different styles (including womens) not one of them rested against my upper brow. They had a huge open area, even when the rest seemed to fit. I was wondering if they are suppose to be away from the face at the top?

I hope I'm not off topic, but the fact that the same Diablo frame fit you, caught my attention.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by tim-carroll@comcast.net View Post
      Bought the diablo style - looks like a mosquito or a fly - would not be caught wearing these unless on a motorcycle - Sending them back tomorrow - any won the SPF75 style
      Aw come on. You wanna look like a fly, try Clic Goggles. Trust me, there are worse things than the Diablo. I guess the bottom line is, after a certain point, comfort comes before beauty.....

But seriously, don't write off the whole SPF 100 series based on a single model. I remember having the Solano on display at a conference awhile back. Dozens of doctors of both sexes were trying that thing on in front of a mirror and loving it.

I do wish there were something, anything, more aesthetically pleasing that did a really good job with a moisture seal. There are some in the works, but they're taking a long time getting there.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X