Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panoptx with Prescription…how to deal with the fogging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoptx with Prescription…how to deal with the fogging?

I have finally got a pair of Panoptx. Yeah, had to beg and borrow (anything short of stealing).

I gotta ask? How do any of you deal with the fogging of the lens? How can we wear these things if you can’t see through the lens?

Only comments I could find on the boards here, was something about variations on the fit. (and I think they were w/o scrips) Well I could only find one frame to fit my face and only do one pair with a scrip in it.

Please advise those of you that have been through this….

Thanks,
    Rose

Let's see what kind of response you get for a few days. The board is normally pretty quiet on weekends. If you do not get a satisfactory response, you might pose the question to Panoptx.

D
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Mine fog from tiime to time and I just lift the frames up for a minute. Probably the smartest thing for you to do is call Panoptx and ask them. You're liable to get 99 different answers on here. Also, I'd check before using any kind of cleaner or de-fogger on the lens. If you use something not recommended, this could void any kind of guarantee with Panoptx.

Along this same theme, I was at the eye docs the other day and they were doing the "better 1, better 2" and I said the lens are too foggy to see and they just continued. The room was cold and my eyes were not, thus fogging. Lucy
      Last edited by Lucy; 15-Jun-2008, 11:42. Reason: Added bold
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

take a bar of soap, mark an X in the inside of each lens, and wipe with a clean cloth..it shud rid of fogging..mario

Comment

I tried "cat crap", which was recommended by another poster, and it did not work for me.

I use FogTech now, and it works. You have to apply it pretty much each day, or every other day, but it works. Once in a great while I'll still get a tiny amount of fogging, but not the "looking through a white curtain" type I used to.

FogTech is expensive though. I believe it comes with a money back guaranteed (not sure if that still applies). I had to play around with the application of it till I found a method that worked for me. I basically place 1-2 drops on the inside of the lens and tilt the glasses back and forth till most of the surface is covered, then lightly wipe with the provided cloth.

Comment

Eyes are better, but fogging still a problem...

Well, I have to admit, these glasses really do make a difference. I seem to be doing much better thanks to wearing these clumsy things most of the time…

As for the fogging, it is still a real hassle. I had my optometrist that made these glasses check with Panoptx. They suggested using any anti-fog spray, claiming I could find it easily in the drug store. (I have not been able to find one yet.) I got some moist lens cleaning clothes, but they make a mess and don’t seem to decrease the fogging.

I was told not to put bar soap directly onto the lens, so I will not try “m cncl’s” technique.

So now I am wondering about the “20/20 Hindsight’s” FogTech… just how expensive is it and where can I find it? I am concerned with how I will keep up using any thing that requires a special application, ‘cause when I’m away from home, I have to clean my inner lens often. My eye “spits” as I call it, all over the place and puts spots on the lens. That along with the reflux tearing is really making a mess.

In addition I have another question for Panoptx wearers? How often do you have to replace the foam gasket? Mine is already showing signs of excessive wear. It seems to be from the tearing of my eyes and moisture on my face (sweat) and probably a little make-up too. I clean them as instructed, but they just keep looking worse. (The black edges are turning white, etc.)

I hope some you have more suggestions… ‘cause it is clear I need to wear my Panoptx as much as possible. They really do help relieve a lot of my eye pain!

Thanks for all the suggestions I really appreciate all of you!

Comment

The FogTech cost abot $20 including shipping. Just Google Fogtech and you will find suppliers. I looked around for the cheapest one. I cannot remember which site I placed the order with.

If your eyes "spit", I think during the day you could take the black cloth that comes with panoptx and gently rub the inside of the lens to smooth out the coating of FogTech again.

I am only stating what has worked for me after trying other anti-foggers. I've been using FogTech for over 6 months and no damage to the lenses that I can see.

Comment

Working...
              X