wileys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wileys

I want to buy a pair of Wileys but have a really small face, child size in fact, anyone have any good ideas of what model works or retailers that have them in stock so I can try them on. I think they are more sporty than panoptx so I would be better inclined to wear them. Thanks.
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Did you find smaller wileys or anything better?

I, like you have a very small face and have not found any thing except Viento Panoptyx to fit my face. Since Viento is no longer being made, I stocked up on them so I can get them made into my perscription as need be.

However, you are right they are very ugly -- if anyone knows of a good fit for small faces, please share!

Thanks!!!

Comment

Kim, try the dealer locator on the WileyX site (wileyx.com).

I've tried all the Wiley-X Climate Control frames and I don't really think any of them are as snug as the Panoptx Viento. If we end up in any danger of not being able to get Vientos anymore, I will buy up every last frame Panoptx has or can be persuaded to make .

p.s. For a really small fit the Clic Goggles (which come in sizes) may be an option. Definitely a different look though.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I am going to need them to put over my sclerals.

Comment

I have really good luck with the Wiley-X brick style. None of the Panoptyx styles fit my face that well.

Comment

Originally posted by MyDryEyes View Post
            I have really good luck with the Wiley-X brick style. None of the Panoptyx styles fit my face that well.
            I have the brick frames and love them. However I just tried on the Jake frames this past weekend at a show and I think they are my new favorite. To the OP, I believe the blink frames are the smallest...smallest I've tried on anyways.

PS - If you want to try on different frames, order a few of them from www.heavyglare.com, try them on and send the ones you don't like back. Its a good site with great customer service. That way you'll see what you like without having to buy if you dont want to. All you'll be out is shipping.

Daren

Comment

I finally found, and bought a few days ago, the Wiley XL-1 style. They're the best fitting of the ones I've tried (and I've tried a number of them). The Panoptix and the other Wileys either didn't fit well or looked ridiculous.

I have a small face, but I do wear a bigger hat size... So I don't like anything tight around my head and some of the other glasses press behind the ears. But some of the other ones don't even touch my cheeks. The XL-1 style is great except for two things:

1. They come a little too close to my lower eyelids, so they pull a little on the tender skin under my eyes
              2. They fog up when I'm inside or in the car. Outside, they're fine.
              I spoke to Wiley yesterday and they suggested that I use "Rain-x" on them to prevent fogging. I ordered some and we'll see if that works.

Apparently, some of the newer models have a different ventilation system so they may not fog up as much - I don't know.

Anyway, the XL-1 style looks very nice and not goofy at all. The optical quality of the lenses is excellent. The ones I have are dark polarized but I ordered the light-changing lenses but haven't gotten them yet.

So that's my review for the day. At least they're very dark and covering the big sty in my eye that makes me look gross.

Hope you're all having a better looking day!
              -NYer

Comment

Wileys

Thanks. I ordered some Wileys. Will report how they work. Thanks all for your comments.

Comment

So that's my review for the day. At least they're very dark and covering the big sty in my eye that makes me look gross.
                  Nothin' like a double kick in the butt when it comes to gross eyes! Glad you have your new glasses for cover. Lucy
                  Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

OK, here's an update on the XL-1 Wileys...

I bought the dark-to-light lenses and am returning them (the lenses only). Here's why:

1. They don't get dark enough for my light-sensitive eyes
                    2. They don't get dark fast enough - when I walked outside, I had to cover my eyes while I had them (sunglasses!!) on.
                    3. They look seriously dorky when they are not darkened!

I am keeping the dark polarized lenses. They're really good. I was hoping that I could just keep the same glasses on inside and out. That's not an option with the dark lenses. But they do come with clear lenses that you could use inside. Changing the lenses isn't hard but it's a bit of a pain in the butt, so I wouldn't recommend changing from clear to dark every time you come and go.

Also, I've realized that chunky black frames with clear lenses just don't look good on anyone except Buddy Holly. They only look cool with dark lenses in them.

By the way, these lenses are so dark that people cannot see your eyes in them, which is a plus for a lot of us whose eyes look like crap, LOL, but also, you can stare at people and they don't know it.

My only other complaint, as I said, with the XL's is that they fog when you're inside or in the car. And yesterday, I noticed that they fog even outside when I put drops in my eyes and put the glasses right back on. But overall, I'm happy with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X