only JP-2(wiley x) fits my face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only JP-2(wiley x) fits my face

I have tried a lot of wiley x in local dealer. not like what many said here, Brick or Blink do not fit my face shape at all. luclily, I found a solution with JP-2, which perfectly fit my face. However, it seems that there is a little gap at the internal side and this might ruin the effect of moister chamber.

Besides, it seems that it is difficult to add px in. although the spec sheet says that the frame support px lens, I cant find JP-2 in the prescription available catalogue.

I have sent a email to Wiley -x to check out whether its available for px. since its weekend, i need to wait for another 2 days.

Does anyone here know if its possible to add px lens in JP-2? Your info would be highly appreciated
    I believe I can fly!

Robin,
    I have have a similar problem. Only the JP2 fits my face well. Also you are right; there is a bit of an air gap around the nose. In addition you will find that there is a gap, although very small, between the entire circumference of the gasket and the glasses frame. Air will leak through here as well. The question is [I]how[I]much of a leak will your eyes tolerate? On humid days its not as much of a problem as during dryer ones. Also, if you plan to exercise, especially vigorously, you will find that you MUST have some air leaks in order to help clear the fog that will eventually obscure the lenses-and your vision. My biggest problem is keeping the fog away. On certain days when my eyes aren't too bad, cycling or jogging maintains enough airflow through the glasses to keep the fog down, although sometimes even that small amount can irritate my eyes. No one believes me though! Driving can also be annoying when the lenses fog. Still, make no mistake, my JP2's have let me do things that I would not be able to without them Lastly, I had mine fitted with prescription lenses. I am nearsighted so it was a "-" prescription, although I believe some range of "+" correction can also be fitted if neccesary. I recommend SunRay Optical who did my glasses. Their craftmanship seems good and they are very friendly and helpful on the phone. See www.heavyglare.com for more info. Be advised that the JP2 (as do most "wrap-around" sport frames) use an 8 base lens (more curved than normal glasses) which can give you some distortion, especially at higher prescriptions. Mark at SunRay told me that some people have no problem, and some find it bothersome. Regardless of the lab you choose, make sure you tell them that you are using them for dry eye relief and that you cannot have any gaps between the lenses and the frame. I had that happen once when I Rx'd a pair of Oakley's. Best of luck!
    Eli

Comment

thank you so much, I will certainly try...
      I believe I can fly!

Comment

They don't ship to China where Im living now. well, i guess its just bad luck.

teaching under air-conditioned room without those goggles is hard, my students are getting unsatisfied already. I just hope I could solve this problem asap.

Thank you all the same
        I believe I can fly!

Comment

Working...
        X