Panoptx wraparounds SPF75 or SPF100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoptx wraparounds SPF75 or SPF100

The 75's range blocks 75% and is really slim around the face...looks normal. The 100's range blocks 100%.

Is there anyone using the 75's and finding them good, or would they be a waste of money. They are just so much more pretty!!

Bernadette

You might want to dig around in the archives for a bit. I think we had a member a year or so ago who got a pair of SPF75s. There was some kind of work-related restriction that kept him from the SPF100s.

I don't think there has to be 100% coverage to show benefits... only, the more the better. I wear my Wileys without the foam pretty often in the summer (that way I don't get fogging when I'm driving) and do just fine.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks for taht...I tried on a lovely pair of 7eye SPF 75 that I want to get, dry eye or no dry eye...looks like they will be going on the shopping list.

B.

Comment

I'm thinking of getting the brown lens, that adjust as I move indoors.

I have read a couple of posts that sa thse not dark enough for outdoors. I wonder is this would be the case for me. I don't have any problems with the sunlight, at least no more then the average person.

Thanks,

Bernadette

Comment

Hi all,

I think I'll buy myself a pair of Wileyx or Panoptrx. However, it doesn't look like they are available with clear lens (I want to use them at work sat infront of the PC), so am looking at the light adjustiong ones........

Can anyone tell me if the go completely clear, or are they still semi-shaded at best?

Ian.

Comment

The Wileys come with transition lense(light adjusting which are clear or dark depending on the amount of sun). They used to have just clear lense. If not, the light adjusting ones turn completely clear when inside. Maybe call them.

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
              Hi all,

I think I'll buy myself a pair of Wileyx or Panoptrx. However, it doesn't look like they are available with clear lens (I want to use them at work sat infront of the PC), so am looking at the light adjustiong ones........

Can anyone tell me if the go completely clear, or are they still semi-shaded at best?

Ian.
              The LA lenses go clear. In fact if I had a complaint about those it's that they don't get DARK enough, not that they don't get clear enough.

There are clear lenses available for all the Wileys for $20/pair. I can't remember if they are available on the WileyX site or not. If you're looking in the Dry Eye Shop, you can just put a note on the order to include clear lenses (though they might have to be special-ordered depending on the framestyle).

Panoptx also did a special order for me awhile back with clear lenses for the Churada, Diablo and Bora when I complained about them being discontinued. Those are $15/pair.

I've worked with several computer programmers using either the light-adjusting or the clear lenses on both brands and they seem to be doing very well.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
              X