Question for Panoptx or Wiley wearers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Panoptx or Wiley wearers

Sorry if this is in the wrong section - wasn't sure where to post.

When you buy either Wiley or Panoptx from a local optician, and you need prescription lenses put in, do they have to get this done by the manufacturer, or is it possible for the opticians to do it themselves?

just wondering, because in the UK there is no option other than mail order...

Hi Eva,
    I had a discussion with my optician about this, and they told me to go ahead and purchase the frame and bring it in for them to put the Rx lenses in. My original plan was to just get a copy of my Rx and have them do the pupil distance measurement so I could send it in to Panoptx, but they told me they wouldn't do the PD measurement unless I was buying glasses from them. When I explained what I was trying to do they told me to get the frame and bring it to them. A ploy to get my business ($$) to be sure, but at this point I just want the glasses!!!

Hopefully I'll be a goofy-looking (but much happier) Panoptx wearer by end of next week!

Debbi

Comment

Debbi-I got into a mix-up like this with my prescription Panoptx and was frantically sending back and forth. My optical wouldn't "measure' me because it wasn't their product. etc. I'll spare the rest. I do have my Panoptx and love them. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X