7Eye foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7Eye foam

Have any of you purchased 7Eye glasses OTHER THAN Solano and Viento recently enough to have the new type of foam on them? If so, what are your thoughts about the new material in the eyecup? (Doesn't matter where you bought them.)
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Just bumping this post up... Has anybody got comments about the revised Panoptx eyecups to share?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

this is probably completely irrelevant, since it doesn't relate to panoptx...but it does relate to changes of foam.

Being unable to get panoptx in the UK I've had to resort to fit-overs, foam lined, purchased via ebay, which I've been using for 2 years...gone through several pairs now as they're only cheap and foam isn't replaceable.

The last 2 pairs I bought, the foam smelled so bad I am unable to use them at all...the smell sets my eyes off burning really bad.

I finally found an internet supplier of the same brand (Global Vision) in the UK...ordered some...same problem. I had to return them.

I wonder if this is what you're referring to, Rebecca?

I think the manufacturers must have changed the formulation of the foam they use...probably because of cost (cynic that I am)

Comment

7-Eye Churada model

Greetings,

I purchased the 7-eye Churada model with the rubber cups, but stupidly left them at work (I think the bathroom) and of course, when I returned they were gone. The cleaning crew at my work won't touch stuff at your desk, but anything left in the bathroom seems to be fair game. I inquired about the lost glasses, but they were not returned. I'm sure they're on ebay.

Anyway, bought another pair, but these had the velvet eye cup. The velvet doesn't seem to block the wind very well. So I contacted Panoptx through their web site and their parts department called me back. I ordered the rubber cups for my model (approx $30 + shipping /handling). The rubber cups are just soooo much better. I love 'em.

Thank gawd for this brand of sun glasses! I just can't deal with a windy day.

Monica.

Comment

Hello Rebecca,

I have a pair of 7Eye Churada lenses that I bought last summer, would that be the "new" version you are referring to? I am not familiar with any earlier version.

Here are my comments:

The foam is very soft and easy to compress, yet seems to be durable. I find it easy to clean with liquid soap and water, then I pat it dry to touch with paper towel and let it air dry an hour or 2. Foam gaskets on another brand I owned, broke down pretty quickly from cleaning.

Unlike other eyecup foam, the gasket is not flat where it touches the face, instead it has a rounded profile. The surface appears to be have a velvet-y material applied in that rounded profile.

I do not get pressure marks on my face from these goggles. I do not need to use a strap to hold them tight to my face.

I do find it odd, that the foam has 2 creases at the top and 2 at the bottom of the eyecup - same creases were in the original eyecups and in the spares I bought from The Dry Eye Shop. I find the fit is close enough to protect my eyes from the wind - even when driving my convertible - yet not so close as to cause fogging or excessive heat build-up.

Regards,

Lynne
          Phoenix, AZ

Comment

Working...
          X