Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MEGs versus PantOpx-What are the differences ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEGs versus PantOpx-What are the differences ?

Just reviewef the SeeFit website. I must admit don't know much about it and all I know is what I reviewed in the website. I am always happy to learn more and exapnd my knowledge, in particular when it boil down to improving my life quality in terms of DES and related Eye complication.

It seems to me SeeFit is simply a frame integrated with moister chambers and nothing more than that. So what make it better than taking my personal glasses and adding it moister chambers (except for conveniency reasons) ?
    Monetarily, it migh be more economic to simply add moister chambers to the existing glasses we use daily as based on the picture, it doesn't seem to look much different than moister chamber- although I haven't actually seen a moister chambers in reality except for picture

Also when comparing it to 7Eye (PantOpx) the main difference is that one is a sunglasses where the SeeFit is not. However, the SeeFit still look odd and not normal, so it might be still more comfortable to some folks to use PantOpx sunglasses for cosmetic reasons.

Furthermore, I think that polarized lenses (when they work with your computer display) offer additional benefit when it comes to working on a computer - don't believe it then try it yourself. For me the problems with a computer is three folds: the moister, the radiation and glare, and the fixed focus. SeeFit MEG relate only to the first aspect but not the last two. As far as I know polarized lens must be tint, so that wouldn't work with regular glasses such as SeeFit only with sunglasses.

I may be wrong here- (this is why I posted this and look forward to see your comments and insight on this matter), but from what I know so far, as it comes to working on a computer I'm not sure SeeFit is a better alternative than a PantOpx with Polarized lens. Also due to cosmetic reasons, PantOpx might still be better to some folks

Hosados: This is a bit off your topic, but I want to say that I saw a lady in a restaurant recently and noticed as I walked by.......her glasses had some clear plastic attached to the sides. I thought, well, I know what this is for.

I was able to ask her if this "moisture chambers" for her glasses. She said, "no it's to keep the breeze out of my eyes." (Yes, she was using it as moisture chambers, but had not heard of it.) She bought some clear plastic and fashioned her own. I am probably the only person who noticed the plastic, with the exception of people at her table. I have no other reason to post this except to say that it might be worth pursuing yourself for some of the readers. One advantage would be the "moisture chambers" would be removable when you didn't need/want them on your glasses.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy hi
      good point- I assume her moister chambers were with clear tint. No doubt this would benefit DES patient but still what is the difference between SeeFit and regular moister chambers ? the pictures in the website suggest that the SeeFit's moister chambers are quite noticeable since for some weird reason all have strong colors and I have not seen any clear color, as oppose to clear moister chambers which you usually add to glasses. For this reason alone, I think that for me sunglasses are better.

Unless I am missing something, I must admit I am somewhat disappointed as I feel the expectation for this product were set very high to begin with and unless someone enlighten me, I can't see how this product justifies its costly price.

I hope I am wrong, but sometime I get the feeling that people are trying to make a profit on the expense of suffering people. I'm not naive and I know this how this world operate, but I think that as a group of patient we could set a tone and try to influecne in such a way that people will hesitate before they try to exploit others -especially when it come to sick people with limited resources.

On that note, like many folks here I use TranquilEyes and enjoy its benefits. However, when the delux full package cost $94 (1X foam pad is sold for $5)for a low quality poor desinged product - a piece of rubber with two sponges, and a low quality strap (head wrap), then something in me tells me people crossed the line of making a huge profit to exploiting "helpless and desperate sick people". (why not take a swimming goggle and feel it with foam moister pads and save money ? ) Maybe this is just me, but I feel that this bother many other patients. I say that if you has no heart to charge a sky rocket price, the least you could do is supply a high quality product. But if the foam eye cushions which is glued to the rubber eye cover don't hold for more than a few sessions as the glue melt by the water spreading from the moisture pads, then personally I would be ashamed to charge people for a Jaguar- Ferarri where in fact I suplly them with a XX car.

I would like to apologize for being blatant and I hope I didn't hurt anyone feelings, as this is not my purpose. I simply think that as a unified DES community we could try to send a clear message that we would not tolerate such a behavior. We all seens how greed when is taken to an extreme could collapse the whole economy from which we all suffer now- and many folks regret in retrospect for not having a voice before it went out of hand. On this kind of backdrop I think it's fair to say that golden time of what Wall-Street represent is over or at least sinking, and the lesson I take from this story is that as a society we should take responsibility sending a clear loud voice and taking appropriate actions early before it grow out of hand.

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      Hosados: This is a bit off your topic, but I want to say that I saw a lady in a restaurant recently and noticed as I walked by.......her glasses had some clear plastic attached to the sides. I thought, well, I know what this is for.

I was able to ask her if this "moisture chambers" for her glasses. She said, "no it's to keep the breeze out of my eyes." (Yes, she was using it as moisture chambers, but had not heard of it.) She bought some clear plastic and fashioned her own. I am probably the only person who noticed the plastic, with the exception of people at her table. I have no other reason to post this except to say that it might be worth pursuing yourself for some of the readers. One advantage would be the "moisture chambers" would be removable when you didn't need/want them on your glasses.

Lucy

Comment

HOSADOS

I am a little confused with this thread

The original thread and title relates to Panoptx (which you started) but this statement throws me out

"Unless I am missing something, I must admit I am somewhat disappointed as I feel the expectation for this product were set very high to begin with and unless someone enlighten me, I can't see how this product justifies its costly price."

Your reference is to tranquileyes (I think) but is in a thread talking about moisture chamber glasses.

I am more than happy to move it to another thread if you want me to as other members MAY have constructive comments they would like to make about the product.

Sometime back, we had a punctal pub meeting with the founder of tranquileyes. Her name escapes me just at this moment but I got the impression that she was a progressive individual that wanted to provide a product on the market that helped improve the lives of people, and not once did I feel she was profit driven.

I also gained the impression that she would be more than happy to take constructive feedback from members of this forum if it could aide in product development, continual improvement and refinement of the product that alot of people seem to be happy with.

Let me know what you want me to do with this - if anything, I'm happy just to let it sit.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by HOSADOS View Post

I hope I am wrong, but sometime I get the feeling that people are trying to make a profit on the expense of suffering people.
          Hosados,
          This is undoubtedly happening. But Tranquileyes is absolutely not an example of this. The inventor/owner is a dear friend of mine and has put huge effort into helping dry eye patients.

delux full package cost $94 (1X foam pad is sold for $5)for a low quality poor desinged product
          The deluxe kit is $65 and there is no reason for anyone to buy it unless they want all the extras including a large stainless steel case and a small travel case. You can get the goggle for $29 and you can get a goggle and 6 foams for $35 in a special kit they put together specifically to make it more accessible.

a piece of rubber with two sponges, and a low quality strap (head wrap)
          Hosados,
          This kind of criticism even though it's not my product makes me hot under the collar but I am sure you are saying it only from a position of ignorance about what it takes to make a product like this. I know something of the enormous effort and cost and time that goes into product development. Every part of the Tranquileyes goggle was developed painstakingly over a long period to optimize it to work well for the most people. They are NOT profiteering from it. As a single example, those foam pads that you are so critical of, are petroleum products whose cost has increased dramatically over the last few years yet Eye Eco has never raised the price and really aren't making money off them at all, because the distributors need to be able to get a margin and Eye Eco doesn't want to raise the consumer price to a point where people can't afford it, especially in this economy.

If you want to get mad at someone for making a profit off sick folks, be my guest when it comes to attacking the drug companies - but please try to be fair to the small entrepreneurs who are putting huge effort into helping us. In all sincerity I know of no small business more dedicated to coming up with things that will really help us than Eye Eco.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post

Lucy
            OH. Great lady. She made it herself?

I am a deep short sight guy, and also live outside US. It's hard to found a wrap around glass except using big ski/war game google. May be I need to home made one...

Get a foam and cut two holes, put it behide glasses, haha

Comment

Any compare on MEG vs panoptx?

I need -10D prescription!
              I have no hope on panoptx and wiley x!
              HOSADOS didn't know the sadness of deep short sight patient~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X