Discounted Panoptx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discounted Panoptx

Panoptx/7Eye are selling off their old Siroccos at up to 60% discount.

Siroccos on sale

TIP: If you buy them, BE SURE TO ALSO buy spare Sirocco eyecups. We'll try to keep stocking them but no guarantees how long they will be available.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

They actually have a lot more styles on sale - looks like they have the old Panoptx logo rather than the new 7eye logo.

Comment

There's 3 other styles but 2 of them do not have the 100SPF eyecup. They do have some Boras though that are more of a men's style (large). Sirocco (now Churada) has always been pretty popular because it's a medium size and its frame fits a lot of people that the others don't.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca, this is a great link. I have the Sirocco and have gotten tons of use from them. I have my RX in them and also the night to day Transition lens. I love them and can't believe I haven't lost them in the few years I've had them. They have always been a tad big and I knew this when I got them, but I really needed to order a pair.

I also have a Viento frame with sunglasses and no RX which aren't of much use to me because I need RX to see well. I found the Viento frame did fit me, but it was "two wraparound." If I used the frame to get my RX, I'd have a fishbowl effect.

The prices on these frames are out of sight!! Any suggestion which of the frames in here might be similar in size or a tad smaller than the Sirocco? And a tad bigger than the Viento> Thanks. Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hello Lucy,

I have found frame fit to be difficult to assess without trying them on. But maybe some comparison measurements can help.

Try this: Lay your glasses on a table. Lay a piece of paper on the temple pieces, touching the rear edge of the foam gasket without compressing it. Measure the inside width of the foam gasket along the edge of the paper. Then measure the depth at the center of the frame: measure from the edge of the paper to the inside of the nosepiece.

For comparison, my Churada glasses measure: 4 3/8 (4.375) inches wide, 1 1/2 (1.5) inches deep.

I would be curious to know the size of both your Sirocco and Viento frames.

The "Solano" is supposedly a bit larger than the "Scirocco", but the reviewer may be referring to the lens size, not the frame. Here is the exact description, from an online retailer:
          "Panoptx Women's Solano CV is the newest model in Panoptx CV Series. These Solano motorcycle glasses fit smaller faces, and features the Panoptx removable eye seal. Panoptx Solano is slightly larger than Panoptx Sirocco CV. The Solano has a more rounded lens, and the Solano eye seal padding is not designed to hug your head as much as the Sirocco."

The "Solano" frame is supposed to fit a small/medium face, so are the "Churada" frames. I have a very narrow temple area, so I buy children's frames for my eyeglasses. The Churadas fit me very nicely.

Good luck,

Lynne

Comment

Do they ship to the UK and do they take RX?
            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I think it is may be late to get any of these from Panoptx. Check their site to be sure but I know after the end of the year they are no longer selling anything with foam lining. I'm buying up a lot of their leftover stock though and will be selling them at a heavy discount after the end of the year (just two or three models) so one possible option for some of you could be to get one of those with the lowest end lens and then go to an optician to get an Rx lens put in it. Note that to work well, the prescription needs to be pretty low.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                I think it is may be late to get any of these from Panoptx. Check their site to be sure but I know after the end of the year they are no longer selling anything with foam lining. I'm buying up a lot of their leftover stock though and will be selling them at a heavy discount after the end of the year (just two or three models) so one possible option for some of you could be to get one of those with the lowest end lens and then go to an optician to get an Rx lens put in it. Note that to work well, the prescription needs to be pretty low.
                Thanks rebecca is this the case with all goggles, or just panoptx?

My rx is -5 so i may have a problem?
                I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I emailed panoptx about compatibility with -5 prescription. Apparently only two designs bora and Diablo will fit it with an adapter (what ever that is ).

But both of those sizes are more for men, i dont have a large face so look stupid in anything really large!!

cant believe goggles arent even an option for me! i always thought if all else failed... sooo frustrating!!

I never have a problem getting glasses or sunglasses

Comment

Working...
                  X