Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fitovers around $10? what are they called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitovers around $10? what are they called?

I saw on here one time fitover sunglasses for around $10.00-someone wrote in and said they were marketed toward 'older people'.. I recall seeing a commercial years ago for them and they looked like they would really help outside from the wind. Can someone please remind me what they are called and where i can get them? thanks!!!
    Jenny

Might be the HD Vision Wraparound sunglasses. I saw some on Amazon for $9.99.

Comment

the cheapest I've seen (and use myself - they really protect my eyes from the wind and cold even) are by Global Vision, I got them on ebay from a seller called Wesco Safety.

I think they were about $16 and you can get them in clear, for use indoors, as well as dark.

Comment

thanks! i am looking for ones that slip over glasses -i can't use the goggles =they always fall off my face.
        Jenny

Comment

Solar Shields; list of vendors of traditional wraps

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...t=Online+leads

A few days ago, I posted a collection of online shopping sites from which one can purchase traditional fitovers and shields. Some are quite inexpensive, and Solar Shields, in particular, which can be purchased through OcuSoft and other vendors, tend to be very inexpensive (often below $10.00) and match the description jenny2008 provides. I hope the above URL works containing this list of sites works. . If not, please PM me, and I'll paste them into a message. . .
          <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

i bought a pair at cvs for 10 dollars yesterday, they are god awful ugly and huge, but they fit over your glasses real easy, and have protection on the sides, i am a truck driver and am on the road all day, and anything that keeps the heat from the vents off my eyes is worth looking stupid,lol

Comment

I think they are referred to as "cataract glasses." I'm not sure why, or even if this is true, but seems as if it is and might make it easier to find them. I see them in huge bins in hardware, drug stores and the like.

They are God-awful ugly. But, I keep a pair in my car for times when I might not have my Panoptx RX's with me and I can take the 'uglies" and put right over my glasses. I won't have to miss a walk on the beach, or more likely here in Michigan, a walk in a snowbank.

Hope this might help someone who can't locate them. Lucy

Here is one link.

http://www.noir-medical.com/post-cataract.htm
              Last edited by Lucy; 04-Jan-2009, 16:08. Reason: adding link
              Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

These are actually a tinted form of industrial safety glasses. They generally do not fit women very well.

The ones that are tinted very dark are also referred to as cataract glasses - they are supposed to block UV light, to help avoid cataracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                  I think they are referred to as "cataract glasses." I'm not sure why, or even if this is true, but seems as if it is and might make it easier to find them. I see them in huge bins in hardware, drug stores and the like.

They are God-awful ugly. But, I keep a pair in my car for times when I might not have my Panoptx RX's with me and I can take the 'uglies" and put right over my glasses. I won't have to miss a walk on the beach, or more likely here in Michigan, a walk in a snowbank.

Here is one link.

that's already not very ugly?
                  how ugly if wearing a fully shielded war game eye google walking on the city?
                  http://www.esseyepro.com/features.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post

Here is one link.

Can that help to block the cold wind?
                    May be I can stick a card/cloth fitting on the top for warp around...
                    Do you have photo when wearing it? May PM to me ^.^

I don't want to wear a swimming google like thing for walking in the busy street...While cool sport glasses with Rx may be expensive but not perform well.

Comment

Is there anyway at all to get the Wiley style =sport style wraparounds made w/ a high RX of like -5.00...? i was told by an optical lab there was no way but i was wondering if anyone had any luck??
                      Jenny

Comment

You can actually order 7eye/panoptx directly from 7eye's website with an RX up to -5.00 in selected styles. This is the Bora and diablo styles with the RX adaptor.

http://www.7eye.com/prescription/

Comment

thanks brown eyes! i appreciate your quick response!
                          Jenny

Comment

Working...
                          X