This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goggles and fog

Hi everyone. I have been using swimming goggles for a little while now and it helps tremendously when I watch tv or while I'm on the computer. I was wondering if you guys knew a type of goggles that aren't too expensive but ones that don't fog up much while wearing. Also, I was wondering if we can put antifog drops in goggles when we have dry eye? Thanks guys

Best thing is something with a vented foam lining if possible (maximal protection but minimal fog). Have a look at the Onion Goggles in the shop for an example. You can get them locally (kitchen shops and some high end grocery stores). Also sports optical shops have sunglasses with this kind of lining.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
      Best thing is something with a vented foam lining if possible (maximal protection but minimal fog). Have a look at the Onion Goggles in the shop for an example. You can get them locally (kitchen shops and some high end grocery stores). Also sports optical shops have sunglasses with this kind of lining.
      Thank you so much. The only problem is that I bought the onion goggles and my head was too big for them (big head I don't know). They didn't fit properly

Comment

Oooh. Yes, that's the limitation... one size fits all and they really do run a bit small. (They're too small for me to wear for very long.) Another option would be something like fitovers. They aren't lined or airtight but they still can be quite helpful. I had a pair of sunglasses like that - they were meant to go over glasses but I just wore them on their own and they were quite helpful while driving.

There's also the do-it-yourself approach. Try some weatherstripping and a dissolveable glue on a pair of inexpensive glasses that fit you well.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
          Oooh. Yes, that's the limitation... one size fits all and they really do run a bit small. (They're too small for me to wear for very long.) Another option would be something like fitovers. They aren't lined or airtight but they still can be quite helpful. I had a pair of sunglasses like that - they were meant to go over glasses but I just wore them on their own and they were quite helpful while driving.

There's also the do-it-yourself approach. Try some weatherstripping and a dissolveable glue on a pair of inexpensive glasses that fit you well.
          Wow! Thank you! That really is helpful. My goggles work great, but they just fog up frequently. I will try those. I'm looking at sports stores right now and trying to look at possibly motercycle shops. Thanks again. Oh, and do you know how I can get started with the dry eye chat? I was wanting to sign up for it. Thanks again

Comment

fogging goggles relief suggestion

I know these will sound strange, I haven't tried it yet but a handyman magazine once noted rubbing the inside of your protective eye gear with non gel toothpaste and then drying it off will prevent them from fogging, the effect on dry eyes is a totally different subject.
            I never found this to work there is the old scuba divers trick, spitting in your goggles and rubbing it around

Comment

Originally posted by curbdiver View Post
              I know these will sound strange, I haven't tried it yet but a handyman magazine once noted rubbing the inside of your protective eye gear with non gel toothpaste and then drying it off will prevent them from fogging, the effect on dry eyes is a totally different subject.
              I never found this to work there is the old scuba divers trick, spitting in your goggles and rubbing it around
              Okay, I'll try that. Thank you!

Comment

how about placing a humidifer at your home?
                wear swimming google is quite ugly, especially if someone ring the bell and you go to open the door, haha~

Comment

For those who have tried Onion Glasses, do they fog up? Is there any kind of moisture chamber glasses that don't fog up?? I'll need them basically for working on detailed images on a computer (webdesign) because my eyes hurt so much, but if they fog up to the point I can't focus on anything they'll be useless... so far, I've only tried one motorcycle glasses that I already had (it fooged up so much I couldn't use) and a moisture chamber that a friend showed me (it had no visible label, I only knew that it wasn't made in Brazil and it fogged up a little, too). I'm basically inclined to buy Onion glasses because they're cheap, but I need to know if fogging is a problem with these glasses. Thank you!

Comment

I have done very well with my wonderful purchase from the dollar store. They had foam lined sunglasses that work just wonderful with very minimal fogging. I have them in black, blue, and red. I love them. Someone commented that they look very high end. Ha Ha!

I bought a pair of swim goggles from Walmart that said antifog. They were very inexpensive and worked quite well to jetski in.

At my worst, I was wearing ski goggles around the house. They helped wonderfully and didn't fog at all.

My first purchase was a pair of Harley riding glasses that also worked quite well. I bought a low end pair that cost $30.

I am fortunate that at this time I need no script.

Best wishes,
                    Melissa
                    pianolady

Comment

I have litteraly about 8 different pair of goggles/glasses/sun glasses I've tried.
                      Wearing something is my only releif. So far for me Speedo swim goggles are the best and cheapest, I didn't care about the price, that's just how it worked out. I have a really cool pair of Wiley-X Airbirnes with light changing lenses I dropped $144 on that do not work (mostly because of fit).
                      I've found nothing effective that does not fog up, I think there's a direct coralation. The old swim mask tricks were to spit in them or rub tobaco in them. No thanks.
                      "In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer"
                      -Albert Camus

Comment

Peppers Scorpion

I just ordered a pair of these, Peppers Scorpion's
                        They are less than $40, have double lenses that should greatly help with fog and look better than my swim goggles.
                        I'll report on them when the arrive.

On a side note, I found a really good safety glass company that's cheap and fast;
                        T.a.s.c.o.
                        Texas America Safety Company
                        www.tasco-safety.com

Here's an example of what I ordered to try and their prices:

Pyramex XSG Sport Safety Glasses with Indoor Outdoor Lens $19.00
                        Pyramex XSG Sport Safety Glasses with Clear Lens $18.00
                        Pyramex Highlander Safety Glasses with Black Frame/Anti-Fog Clear Lens $6.50
                        Pyramex XS3 Plus Safety Glasses with Black Frame/Anti-Fog Indoor Outdoor Lens $6.85
                        "In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer"
                        -Albert Camus

Comment

Working...
                        X