1000 degree short sight = -10.0 D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 degree short sight = -10.0 D?

Then I would hard to found a sport glasses for blocking the north wind... T_T

I need to wear this to go out at winter?
    Last edited by hkgcomet; 24-Jan-2009, 23:37.

Not sure what you mean by 1000 degrees. 20/1000? I don't think it's possible to accurately derive the dioptric measurement (e.g. 10.0D) from an acuity measurement (e.g. 20/X or, metric, 6/X). But in any case sounds like you've got a high prescription and yes it's very difficult to get a high prescription in any of the foam-lined sunglasses. You may want to visit a good sports optical store though and see what they have. Also there are MEGs, and custom moisture chambers that can be built onto your own glasses or prescription sunglasses.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
      Not sure what you mean by 1000 degrees. 20/1000? I don't think it's possible to accurately derive the dioptric measurement (e.g. 10.0D) from an acuity measurement (e.g. 20/X or, metric, 6/X). But in any case sounds like you've got a high prescription and yes it's very difficult to get a high prescription in any of the foam-lined sunglasses. You may want to visit a good sports optical store though and see what they have. Also there are MEGs, and custom moisture chambers that can be built onto your own glasses or prescription sunglasses.
      Thanks for your reply.
      I don't know if USA use degree for long/short sight.
      I am not living in US so I may hard to find something for dry eye patient here.
      I think I am out of limit on many sport glasses with Rx inter lens.

But anyone know about the performance of sport glasses?
      I just search some brand such as adidXX, OakXXX.
      Usually those are cool looking sunglasses, near face but no foam-lined.

Ski/War game google of coz it is fully protect, but I don't want to wear it to walk on street! It is unacceptable, right? haha

Comment

Working...
      X