Broken favorite Panoptx goggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken favorite Panoptx goggles

Recently while on a car trip, I broke my favorite pair of Panoptx goggles. I think they were the old Cyclone frame. They did not have the snap-out foam insert, the foam was glued to the frame.

As it was an emergency, I bought a new pair of 7Eye goggles, and they have the snap-out foam, at a local vendor, 1200 miles from home. They were $150 with the tax. (ouch). Problem is, the foam gasket has "vents" in it in several places. The result of this is they don't work good for me. I have severe dry eye, and just those openings while in a car or outside in a breeze were torture. I had to wear them for 2 days regardless, as there was no other alternative. My eyes are an absolute mess now.

I hate to start placing tape all over expensive goggles. Has anyone else had this problem? The man who fitted me said these were the perfect fit for me also, but I feel like I have tunnel vision in them, as they are smaller than the cyclone frame I am used to.

I am very upset at having spent $150 for these goggles, that barely help at all. I don't know what to do.

I would contact Panpotx directly on their website. They might be able to repair the old ones.
    Maybe you could mail your new pair back for a refund?

Comment

I would look around near home, and see if you can find 7Eye glasses you like better - I go to my local Harley-Davidson store for the best selection.

Most retailers of expensive glasses are very helpful, especially when you are from out of town. Once you find a pair that fits better, I would call the shop you bought at, and ask if they would be willing to do an exchange. I did this with a H-D store in Michigan earlier this year - I bought 7Eye glasses that turned out to not be dark enough for Arizona sun, and they worked with me to order a new pair and took the previous pair in exchange at no penalty.

Comment

Working...
      X