Biker glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biker glasses

Hi All, Found some biker glasses at Walmart vision center.They seem to be almost airtight with spongy foam lining the innerpart of the frame.They are not bad looking.They are $45.I bought them and am going to try them for a week and if they work for me they will put my prescription in the lenses for $100.It sure will be worth it to me if they work.Although, has anyone found that some wraparounds irritate the inflammation???Sandra lee

i have found my glasses a life saver.

Bernadette

Comment

Hi!Yesterday was very windy so I tried the new glasses,but after awhile I took them off and my eyes were really red and irritated and down into the cheeks(moreso than usual) so I am wondering if in my case the heat is aggravating the inflammation??????Do you have inflammation also?Thanks

Comment

Sandra,
        I wear Wiley-X glasses-outdoors only-and have been really happy with them. They allow me to go for bike rides, do outside chores, etc. I think it is fair to say they are the single most effective "treatment" for dry eye symptoms that I have tried yet. Unfortunately, for the glasses to be effective against wind they have to fit pretty snugly against your face without any significant gaps. It can take a little experimentation to find the right frame. Also, fogging can be a problem during either cold weather or exercise, but the comfort is definitely worth it. Lastly, Rx'ing wrap-around frames can be a little tricky, especially with a high prescription. I myself use SunRay Optical, see www.heavyglare.com, who have did a great job for me.
        I have never had a problem with the foam seals further irritating my eyes.
        Ideally, you would want glasses with a replaceable foam seal as eventually they will wear out and will need to be replaced. I hope you find something that works for you!
        Best,
        Eli

Comment

Thanks for the reply.I guess because I have mgd and not just dry eye that maybe closing in the eyes causes heat which aggravates the mgd inflammation.I am so happy that they work for you and you are able to function and thanks again for your reply.

Comment

sandra,
            it may just be the foam that you're sensitive to!

I recently got another pair of those type of goggles which I wear over my prescription glasses, same brand as before, but the manufacturer had obviously changed the material that the foam is made of and it stinks...couldn't put it anywhere near my eyes.

Foam can contain all sorts of irritating chemicals unfortunately. You may need to try another type

Comment

Hi Eva, I have tried other glasses without the foam and at times they are ok and other times they seem to cause irritation and that is why I was thinking it was enclosing my eyes and causing heat for the inflammation???Do you or anyone you know have the tingly,numblike feeling in your cheeks when your eyes are most irritated?I have noticed this to be more prevalent after using the thera tears no preservative drops.Thanks

??
              ?

Comment

That's interesting. I have MGD caused by occular rosacea, and I do not notice any redness with the glasses. In fact, I notice that my eyes are clearer after wearing the goggles. I assumed because of the moisture.

Melissa
                pianolady

Comment

Working...
                X