Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with buying moisture chamber glasses!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with buying moisture chamber glasses!!

Can anybody suggest a really good "moisture chamber goggle/glasses" that keep out the air and create a good seal for moisture? and do they have any with interchangeable lenses like clear to wear in the house and darker for outside the house? or do you have to buy separate glasses? any good companies out there that any of you dealt with and that you like?

I produce no tears in my right eye so I need some really good moisture glasses. I have to use gel ointment daily and constantly (Celluvisc-in which it seems like I am putting that stuff in my eye every 5 minutes) it helps some but not all the time. To be honest, saran wrap plastic over and covering the eye to create moisture has been my saving grace!!!!!! Any suggestions would be sooooooooooo appreciated!

Thank you,
    Summer
    Last edited by summer; 11-Jun-2009, 10:19. Reason: I already have a punctual plug in the right eye and a eye gold-weight and they help some but not much!!

Panoptx and Wiley-X are the main providers of these but there are others at lower cost. For indoor/outdoor use, look for any that say photochromic or light-adjusting as they go clear (or nearly) indoors. The main limitation of that technology is that it does not get as dark outdoors as other sunglasses and does not darken much at all when in a car. In my experience those with photophobia will not be happy with light-adjusting lenses outdoors so they typically need 2 pairs, but if you're OK with sunlight then light-adjusting are a good option.

I'd recommend going to a good sports optical store or Harley Davidson dealership if you want to try on Wiley or Panoptx/7Eye glasses.

For indoor use have a look at Onion Goggles which have worked out well for a lot of people. For outdoors, there are a few brands which are cheaper than Panoptx/Wiley such as Clic Goggles, and I think an Adidas brand and a handful of others. If you browse through the posts in this eyewear forum you'll be able to find some of the more obscure ones.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X