Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feel like a nerd, need advice on goggles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feel like a nerd, need advice on goggles!

Hi, this is my first posting on this board and I'm so glad to have so many experts at hand. I have severely dry eyes due to Sjogren's and spend all day with either my eyes closed, or wearing onion goggles, with my prescription glasses on top of them in order to see. I like the onion goggles because I don't have light sensitivity and so I'm happy not to be wearing sunglasses indoors all the time. I'm pretty much confined to the house though because of the dryness and especially, the nerdy look of the onion goggles wiith glasses on top!
    I'd really like to get out of the house more - any ideas of prescription goggles with clear lenses that won't make me look even kookier than I really am?
    Thanks to all!
    Erika

Go here: http://www.wileyx.com/ordering/dealer_locator.aspx and type in the information to find a local dealer and see which ones you like best.

Comment

Welcome to DEZ, Ianteddy.

Here's a link to a thread in the Eyewear section where I recently posted a list of some of the options for moisture chambers with an Rx. You might want to also browse through the eyewear forum for other ideas and suggestions from users here.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I just got my order yesterday...
        I just bought Onion Goggles from http://www.nexternal.com/tdec/Product264
        to wear to school and work if I ever find a job to keep out the air conditioning.
        With the onion goggles though I bought:
        Optx 20/20 Stick-On Magnifying Lenses so that I can read and see up close. (not sure if this is something you would use)

and also bought simple sleep goggle and even though it's not got foam on the sides it still worked for me. I finally slept last night with only waking up once instead of 3 times. It was nice for a change.

Of course I'm still looking for sunglasses that work; as I have photophobia.

I did go to Wal-Mart to their eye center and they had a pair of sunglasses that kept out the air (foamed lined) and they said they could put a prescription in it, but I didn't ask for how much.

Hope this info helps...

Comment

Working...
        X