re: my RX 4 impossible glasses-can u save me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re: my RX 4 impossible glasses-can u save me

This is in regards to my earlier request for ideas about what I should do as my optician has said that I can not wear prescription wraparound goggle-type glasses despite my 0 Schirmer test because my prescription is so high. This forces me to wear onion goggles over and then my regular glasses over them on a regular basis, in order to see, basically restricting me to my home as I look extremely strange in this get-up.
    I was very kindly asked what my prescription is, so here goes:
    One eye: -1.75 +1.25+6
    Other eye: 4.25 +1 +160
    Any "eye"deas? (sorry, could not resist).
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Erika

You have quite a difference in prescription between eyes. It doesn't seem like the Rx is too high for "goggles" though, maybe a little bit in the one eye. You just need to find the right combination of a highly skilled optician and the right shape or size of frames. It's not easy, but keep trying.

I think sometimes that optical shops just don't want to bother, since they do just fine selling regular glasses. But there ARE specialty shops that can do custom prescriptions.

Really---for those of us with a -8.00 or -9.00 there's no chance---but for you, I'd say there's a good possibility you can get what you need.

But I don't have THE answer---hopefully somebody here can help.

Comment

Working...
    X