Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential moisture chambers?

Hi everyone,

I know this topic has come up a lot...esp for those with high prescriptions that won't fit panoptx or wileys. I was looking around for custom safety glasses since opticians seem to understand that concept more than moisture chambers and came across this at the LensCrafters site:

http://www.lenscrafters.com/eyeglass...eyewear-styles

Do you think that these would quality as moisture chambers? It doesn't look like a complete seal though. Any one try LensCrafters? This would be great because it's a chain and shouldn't be too hard to find a store. I had looked into the MEGs, but most opticians I brought the picture of MEGs too said they needed to actually see the MEGs in person to know if they can put my prescription in it, which is tough since MEGs has a 14 day return policy.

I plan on giving them a call asap to see how much protection one actually gets with these safety glasses, which I would assume to be enough....they are safety glasses afterall.
    Last edited by odydnas; 24-Aug-2009, 17:17.

What a great idea! Moisture chambers don't have to have a 100% seal to be very effective. (MEGs don't.) Kind of hard to tell from the pix but these look like less coverage than megs but still enough coverage to be very very useful. And yes how great it would be to have an Rx MC product people can access easily.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Ok so I just called a store near me and they said that they can't just turn any pair of frames into safety glasses. They only have a few sample styles to choose from. Ugh. Also, the tops of some pairs are partially sealed, and the bottom of the glasses are not sealed, like regular glasses. So yea, Rebecca's right, they seem to provide less coverage than MEGs. I don't know how ubiquitous LenCrafters are around the country, but I found 6 of there stores within 4 miles of my home...how convenient =)

Comment

Working...
      X