X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure from tranquileyes

Hi everyone,

Just bought tranquileyes and got them in the mail yesterday. Immediately after I put them on I knew they were too tight so I adjusted them so they fit better. However even after this adjustment it still feels like there's some pressure in my eyes. Having the goggles applying pressure around my eye sockets isn't going to cause problems is it? I know a lot of people on here have lots of experience using these goggles and Im just curious of what you think of them. I was using an eye mask from walmart previously but I don't like the pressure on my eyes which is why I bought these. What kind of problems can pressure being applied to your eyes cause? I think I might have a mild form of my eyes not closing during the night (people have told me that my eyes don't fully close).

Guess I'm just worried the pressure will cause problems.

Thanks for your input

Alex

The amount of pressure from Tranquileyes varies a lot by user (different facial bone structure, eyes more prominent etc) even with maximal adjustment of the strap.

If there is too much pressure, sometimes it can be remedied with a change to pad thickness - for example, some people cut the moisture pad lengthwise, others use the little white Thermopads which are much thinner so that they can add moisture to the goggle without having anything touching their lids. It's usually worth putting in the effort because Tranquileyes really does offer more benefits than other products but sometimes there's no solution short of another product. My favorite no-lid-touch items are the Escape sleep mask (for a dry solution) or for a moist one the Quartz or Onyix. Also for a lower budget item that works well there's the Contour sleep mask.

Whoops, getting back to your actual question: The only thing I know of that pressure is likely to do is temporarily warp your vision a little. Comfort is the main issue and worth addressing just on that basis anyway.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

thanks for your reply. yeah i agree that tranquileyes has some benefits that other sleep masks dont have which is why i got them. just wanted to know what extra pressure on the eyes would cause because i was worried pressure would create serious issues. i just bought these so i really want to give them a try and see if they are beneficial.

Comment

I have been sleeping in the tranquileyes without the pads in them. I can't stand the pressure or anything touching my eyes. I did jyst ordered the Escape sleep mask. I sleep on my side and the pads on the tranquileyes mask keep coming off. I am keeping my tranquileyes mask ans going to get the thinner pads and see if that will work. check out the escape mask on here.

Comment

Working...
        X