X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goggles & a Humidifier?

Hi,
    I recently joined this site and have seen many people posting their success stories about moisture chamber glasses/goggles. I would like to try the kind you sleep in. Questions:
    -Any recommendations on what kind I should purchase? What works the best?
    -Will I still benefit from a humidifier by my bed at night if I wear the goggles?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. My dry eye is the worse it has ever been. I am getting married in 9 months and I refuse to get married in my glasses. So...I have 9 months to beat this and get back to contacts!

One more thing...if Lasik can cause dry eye, then why have I had so many eye doctors wanting to perform it on me? I am so glad I have an eye phobia that prevented me from getting it, but eye doctors were perplexed by my dry eye and not being able to wear contacts, so Lasik has been suggested to me many times. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks!
    Thanksgiving09

Regarding your wedding day, worst case, even if u can't wear contacts on a daily basis anymore, u may be able to tolerate them for just that one day. When I got married, I wore my glasses every day, but for my wedding day, I wore a pair of disposable contacts... I had to use rewetting drops that day, but it was manageable.

And then I got LASIK in 2005, and it ruined life as I knew it... it's been nothing but horrible dry eye ever since... I think you're right to be wary of LASIK... don't risk it!!

Regarding goggles to sleep in, many people here have been helped by the Tranquileyes sold here in the dry eye shop.

Comment

SAAG,
      Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot wear my daily disposable contacts at all. I just tried to wear them out to dinner Fri. night and had massive eye pain in my left eye in about a half hr after putting them in. It is awful. I paid all this money for these contacts for dry eye and they sit on the shelf. Or I wear them for an hour and throw them away. I hope by my wedding I can at least wear contacts for the day. It is really bothering me.

I have never wanted Lasik and am so glad I never did. I am also glad I found this great site! Thanks for the advice. I will check out the Tranquileyes.

Thank you!

Comment

What type of lenses have you got because i read proclear are good for dry eye.Im in a similar situation to you.I have dry eyes & would love to wear contact lenses on special occasions but instead have to wear my glasses

I have ordered some tranquileyes off this site & dwelle drops.Dont know if you've seen them aswel but they're an eyedrop for night time.My eyes are terrible at night & look a mess in the mornings so hoping these will help.

Do you use drops in the day? I use optive & i like cold compresses on my eyes as it soothes them.I havn't found a cure yet but there's always hope

Comment

Peepers,
          Thanks for the reply. I have Proclear. My doc. gave them to me a year ago and I wore them without problems for a couple of months and now I have pain pretty much as soon as I put them in. The wedding/contact issue is really stressing me out.

I just ordered Tranquileyes off of Amazon since it was on backorder here. I look forward to trying it. I see that many people like Dwelle. I might give that a try too. In the day I use Oasis and a Walgreens brand. I just started the warm compresses too.

I am trying to think positively. I hope the Theratears Nutritions vitamins do some good too.

Thanks again!

Comment

dont know if it helps but im currently taking eyebright & bilberry & i've also ordered some gingko biloba.Apparently its supposed to increase oxygen flow to the eye.Im desperate to try anything!

Comment

Don't know if this will help but when i have the "massive eye pain" i put in a lacrisert but i only like them in a few hours. probably ok with contacts as just a little gel thing. maybe it could help. good luck and congrats on the wedding!

Comment

Thank you! I have heard of lacriserts, but haven't tried them. I will ask my dr. about them. I appreciate your suggestion!

Comment

Working...
                X