This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquil Eyes Questions

I am a new Tranquil eyes user. The moisture pads have side that appear to have a silky smooth appearance texture to it, the other side looks more like foam, or are my eyes playing tricks on me and both sides are the same? If not, does it matter which side goes on the outside against the eyes? Also, I am cleaning the pads with a dap of anti-baterial dish soap and throughly rinsing and then laying them out on a clean towel folded over the pads to dry out. The eye cushion I am cleaning about every other use. Also, I am soaking the pads in slightly hotter than warm tap water and squeezing the excess water out before inserting them into the googles to strap on. Am I doing everything OK, or do I need correction?

Also, I have been reading than a "bikini" will help prolong the pads. I am assuming the "bikini" is not of the polka dot variety? I haven't seem them on this site, don't know what they look like, or how to order. Can someone provide some help, also on ordering extra moisture pads (I understand there is more than one type of pad).

Thanks so much!!

Jerry, Yukon, OK.

It sounds like you're doing everything great. You're a lot more disciplined than I am! I wet my pads with warm water, too. And you're right - The original pads that come with the Tranquileyes are "lined". You can use either the lined or unlined side out. If you find you have a preference for one side over the other, you can order lined or unlined replacement pads from the Dry Eye shop. There's no real "right" way. Some people prefer the lining while others don't.

Go to DryEyeShop.com Click on the Eyewear Tab. Click on the Night: Tranquileyes link. There you can find the replacement pads and bikini.

I bought a Tini Bikini b/c I developed an allergy to the foam so I needed a barrier between the wet foam and my skin. It looks like an hourglass shape piece of satin material with snaps that hold it over the goggles. The black color is very inconspicuous and looks nothing like an actual bikini.

Comment

Working...
    X