This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranquileyes question

don't know if anyone else has had this problem but the cushion pads that stick onto the goggles start to peel off way before they're due to be replaced! I used the moisture pads a couple of times,when i first bought them, but it made the cushion pads peel off.Used them without & the same thing happened.Very frustrating

I wasn't impressed with the product at all.

Great in principle but overpriced and clumsy to use. I bought mine about 18 months ago and it has been in the drawer most of that time.

Comment

I love my Tranquileyes and have two sets. The first set I've had for several years. I know people sometimes have problems with them, but I've been lucky and think they're great. I never have a problem with the way they fit. I sleep on my side, face and everyway you can think of.

Maybe some other kind of mask would work for you guys. They are "pricey" especially if they don't work well for you. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I love the Tranquil eyes, but I had the same problem with the cushions coming off too soon, especially if I washed them. Now I use the tini bikini cover and don't have that problem. The goggle isn't as comfortable with the cover, but the longer wearing time is great. I actually like the comfort of the Quartz goggle better, but my eyes don't do as well with it. (My eyelids don't completely close.)

Comment

Yes, me too, the same thing happened to me, it's a week since i use them and so far i love them, but this is true, maybe it could be delayed with the bikini... I'm gonna try it.
          SJS
          Shrimmers 3/10mm
          Autoserum(main drop).Dwell(3/day).Tobradex(2/day). Tranquileyes wth Lubrifilm(night). Onion goggles (In/PC).WileyXBlinkLA(Out)
          Entropion surgery
          Amniotic membrane:18months

Comment

Rebecca, help!

I have had mine for years, too, and have been very happy with them. The last batch of cushions I ordered do not stick to the goggle. I have tried everything: washing with Ajax cleanser, alcohol, acetone, and lacquer thinner. Nothing helps. Next I'm going to try oven cleaner using a Q-tip, and if that doesn't work I guess I'll order a new pair. Maybe the rubber is just too worn out or something.

I can still wear them because for some reason the adhesive sticks to the black rubber at the nose (bridge connector) and the sides, so those 2 little areas are what's keeping the foam in place (sort of).

Calli

Comment

Originally posted by calli66 View Post
              Rebecca, help!

I have had mine for years, too, and have been very happy with them. The last batch of cushions I ordered do not stick to the goggle. I have tried everything: washing with Ajax cleanser, alcohol, acetone, and lacquer thinner. Nothing helps. Next I'm going to try oven cleaner using a Q-tip, and if that doesn't work I guess I'll order a new pair. Maybe the rubber is just too worn out or something.

I can still wear them because for some reason the adhesive sticks to the black rubber at the nose (bridge connector) and the sides, so those 2 little areas are what's keeping the foam in place (sort of).

Calli
              Calli, I'm so sorry, I finally replied to your email just now . I think that in your specific case it's down to the rubber - they say the eyecups will get to a point (varies I'm sure but say 1-3 years of use) where nothing will make the adhesive stick properly. The 'buttons' from the modular connectors are a different kind of material and yes it'll stick there differently.

For the others, often the answer is different in every case... Occasionally it's about use & care (sometimes people are getting them too wet). If anybody has goggle or foam they bought prior to about Nov 15 last year, it's defective adhesive. I've only just started to hear of any problems with the new foam - for about the first 6-8 weeks wasn't hearing of any 'early liftoff syndrome' so hopefully any problems since the adhesive change are not widespread. For anybody having this problem, be sure to let me know. I can replace foamsets for you that are not 'behaving'. Basically if they come off in the first two weeks and you haven't washed them by immersion in that time, something's wrong that's not your fault so let me know and I'll send you replacements with the detailed instructions for preparing the surface for best performance. If you've emailed me and I haven't replied, my apologies, just ping me again and I'll get on it.

To any new users... I'm sorry

To anybody in general... There's a money-back policy on these goggles, so please make use of it if for any reason you find yourself not able to benefit from them.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks! I wasn't sure that I had emailed the right place and maybe it got lost. I know how hard it is to keep up with business emails.

Calli

Comment

I better check my supply--I've had some foam for a long time that have not been put on the goggles.
                  Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                  X