This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam Tape

I've found that 3M microfoam tape 4 inch roll has been great for keeping eyelids securely shut.

When I was taping my lids shut I would cut off abotu a 1 1/4 inch tall piece and cut the piece in half (it was 4 inches wide) so you get 2 pieces which are 2 inches wide.

The only thing is that in the morning you have to slowly peel it off and you have to use the opposite hand to hold down the eyelid skin as you are peeling it off.

This worked great for me after I put in some genteal gel I would tape the lids shut.
    RG
    "Wishing I never had LASIK and was still wearing glasses and contact lenses"

is that different to micropore tape? I tried micropore but it made my lids really red & sore!

Comment

yes it is different than micropore tape. I actually have some micropore tape (I'm a nurse) and it does hurt my eyelids! It's thinner in comparison and I think there is more adhesive to it.

the microfoam tape is thicker and more cushion like but you have to take it off slowly. you can't rip it off. as you are peeling it off you have to use the finger of your opposite hand to hold down the eyelid skin of the area where the tape was.

one night I had taped both lids shut and the phone rang in the early morning and I ripped off the tape to answer the phone. ouch!!!
      RG
      "Wishing I never had LASIK and was still wearing glasses and contact lenses"

Comment

Thanks for your reply.Think i'll give the foam a go

Comment

Working...
        X