This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day for mail

I got my TranquilEyes and Dwelle in the mail today. Even more than excitement, I feel overwhelmed with hope. The possibility that this may be helpful for me is almost too much to comprehend.

If this can give me some relief from the pain I've dealt with every morning for almost 15 years due to lagophthalmos, it will be life changing. My left eye still won't completely close when I blink, but to have it stay closed all night ~ I can't even imagine! I've tried other masks to keep it closed with physical pressure, but the pressure was too much. I ended up feeling like my eyeball was being crushed. Just from trying the TranquilEyes on, it feels more comfortable than anything I've tried in the past. And to have the moisture pads ~ maybe heaven? I've felt pretty desperate at times, and I'm actually hopeful about this.

I'll be patient and not expect immediate miraculous results, but maybe a couple weeks from now I will have noticed a difference, and any amount of difference will be good enough for me. I'm more than happy to take what I can get.

I almost forgot about the Dwelle. I have severe dry eye in both eyes, and am hoping that the Dwelle will be a drop that will give more than 30 seconds of relief. At my last evaporation test (3 weeks ago) my tears evaporated in less than 2 seconds, and some days it feels like drops aren't much better. I try not to put drops in constantly. Some days it's especially hard. Again ~ I'm hopeful.

I can't believe I sat down at my computer as soon as Kara brought the mail in and I tried on the TranquilEyes. I think it's time to try the Dwelle and give a chance to work for me.

Just had to share this in the only place I know someone would understand.

Denise

Let me know how it works for you

Let me know how this eye drop works for you
    I have heard a lot of good things about it though.

I am curious to try it myself...but I don't know if I am allergic to any of the preservatives in it...

As for the tranquil eyes I believe that they are the best moisture chamber goggle you can buy. I bought the onyx ones that were made of silicone, I had an allergic reaction to them...plus they were uncomfortable...
    I think the tranquil eyes will work wonders for you, I think they will work better for me too if I could get a pair sometime.

As for the nighttime...I haven't been using goggles, but I have been using Refresh PM...It doesn't dry out so it has been working ok, for now.

Only side affect is a bunch of goo on your eyelids in the morning that has to be washed off.

But let me know about this dwelle eye drop...im curious as to how it would do.

Comment

Yay!

Hi Denise! Hope is such a great thing isn't it! I will be thinking of you & wishing you well as you get started. If you have any trouble with the Tranquileyes be sure to give me a call - sometimes it takes a little practice and finagling to get it to put the right amount of pressure on your lids (for example adding extra padding or using a thinner pad in some cases) due to variations in orbital bone structure.

And I hope you enjoy Dwelle as much as I do. I forgot to take my bottle of it with me on my recent vacation (arghhh!) and boy did I ever notice the difference.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I wore the Tranquileyes last night, and I'm very impressed. I had to move them a few times at first to get them to the most comfortable position, and then they were awesome. Not too much pressure, material is very soft, and best of all - I was sleeping in the dark! I haven't fallen asleep without light coming into my eyes in years. My left eye doesn't stay open far enough that I see the objects in my room, but I'm always aware of light. To fall asleep in total darkness was as great a benefit as the fact that they hold in the moisture. So much better than a sleep mask - just the right amount of pressure to keep my eyelid down without feeling like it's being pushed on.

I used the Dwelle drops last night and today. It doesn't sting at all when I put it in, which is a huge plus. It's so hard to put drops that sting into eyes that already hurt.
        When I woke up there was no residue of any kind on my eyes/lashes. I always sit on the side of my bed for a minute before I get up, bracing myself for the pain I'll feel when I turn on the lights. This morning I woke up with eyes that felt pretty good. A little dry, but not nearly as much as usual. No severe pain, no itching. I put the Dwelle drops in, and didn't need to put them in again for a few hours. To say that that's a huge improvement is an understatement. I used to use Refresh PM, and at first I loved it because it really helped. But the gooey feeling remaining in the morning was kind of a pain. I continued to use it, because the goo is better than the dryness/pain, but if I could get the relief without the ointment, that would be even better. Of course there was always pain, but the ointment helped enough that the pain wasn't as severe as without it. The Genteal gel was an improvement, no goop in my eyes in the morning. But one day last week it burned really badly when I put it in. REALLY burned. It felt like I poured acid onto my poor, sensitive, dry eyes. So I knew I couldn't use that again. The Dwelle doesn't burn, doesn't leave a residue, I really don't see a down side.

So I'll stop gushing now, but really fellowresearcher, I think you should try the Dwelle. No way to know if the preservatives will bother you til you try. I've honestly never used a drop that lasts for a few hours. Usually I feel like I need drops almost immediately after putting them in, but try to hold off for a couple hours. I hope you try them and have as much success as I'm having.

Thanks for being so supportive and encouraging, Rebecca! This site has been a godsend - because of the information, the products sold in the shop, and because it's a place where there are people who understand. I'll definitely be buying a couple of bottles of Dwelle right away so I won't run out, and to have one to keep in my desk at work. Once you've found something that helps, feeling the way you did before seems even worse than it did in the first place!

Denise

Comment

I just thought I should add this to clarify ~

I'm not under the impression that my eyes are healed now. I still have dry eye, I'm still aware of it as I sit here. The symptoms just feel managed to a degree that they weren't before. Right now my eyes feel much better than usual. To a normal person I think they'd probably feel pretty bad. To me, the difference is worth singing about

It's only been one day. If they feel worse again tomorrow, I'll be thankful for this one day. I'm planning on tomorrow being as good as today.

D

Comment

Denise, I'm not surprised you "love" your dry eye care package. I've used Tranquileyes for years and have two pair that I can wash one and still use one. I have spare parts too. You won't have to worry about this now.

I've used Dwelle, like Rebecca, since 2001 when Dr. Holly's drops came to our attention.

One thing you mentioned....the total darkness, don't you love it? No reason to glance at the clock or anything. Lucy
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
            X