X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brownish Tint on Tranquileyes

Hi everyone,

I've been using tranquileyes for about a week and half now. The issue is I've nioticed a brown discoloring thats arrived on the pads and the cushioning. Has anyone seen seen anything like this before? So far, i have washed the inside removable foam pads every day with antibacterial soap and then wash off with hot water and let it dry.

I am concerned about continuing to wear if it might be infectious. Considering how expensive it was I thought I would ask before just replacing it, and whether it was normal. I'd appreciate any help, thank you!

Have you washed those outer pads yet? I'd do that and see what happens. Immerse the whole thing in some soapy water briefly and just rub those cushions a little, very gently, then rinse.

If it makes no difference, go ahead and replace the cushions (if you got a kit with spares there should be an extra set in it) making sure the follow directions to get all the adhesive off and completely dry it first.

What product(s) are you using in your eyes (and on your skin? sorry, don't know your gender ) when you put it on?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you. I am a 24yo male. Right now I use Systane Ultra 4x a day and Genteal at night. My doctor said that she just recently noticed blepharitis on my eyelids and I was concerned it might be from the tranquileyes. I would prefer not to just replace it because it is a good chunk of money and the inner pads should last for at least a couple weeks. I'll try washing the whole thing and see what happens

Comment

Hi Rebecca

unfortunately, washing the inside padding has only resulted in a greater spread of the brownish substance, as well as a loosening of the adhesive so that one side is almost coming off. I apologize if this is not the right venue for this but I really dont understand what could be causing this and I've had to refrain from using it for a couple days.

Comment

Working...
        X