This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes Pads

I read today in the Dry Eyes Newsletter that, even if you use the Tini-Bikini with the Tranquileyes goggles, you still have to wash the foam eyepiece pads. My question is why? If I don't wet the pads and never touch them, why do they have to be washed after each use?

The bikini protects all the padding and my skin never touches any of it. I wash the bikini often. Can someone explain?

Thanks!

Originally posted by infoseeker View Post
    I read today in the Dry Eyes Newsletter that, even if you use the Tini-Bikini with the Tranquileyes goggles, you still have to wash the foam eyepiece pads. My question is why? If I don't wet the pads and never touch them, why do they have to be washed after each use?

The bikini protects all the padding and my skin never touches any of it. I wash the bikini often. Can someone explain?

Thanks!
    Hi infoseeker

In the bulletin I was talking about the moisture pads (the removeable ones) when I said that. If you're using the bikini in the normal way - over the cushions, but tucking under the center pads - the pads are still on your eye area. If you wear it backwards, over the whole thing, then you're right, no need for washing. If you use the pads dry, then there's less of an issue and you can use your own judgment about frequency of washing based on what's going on with your eyes and what products you're using in/on them at night.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Just a note here.......I love Tranquileyes so much I have two pair. They last much, much longer when you do not wet them. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X