X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thermoeyes

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that Eye Eco is coming out with a self-heating insert for tranquileyes in a couple of months. Goes inside the goggle along with the moisture pads and produces high humidity for up to an hour and a half I believe. I'm kind of excited about it - seems like it will be a good eye pampering device and useful for travel.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

These sound really great! Do you think that you will be able to sell them on this site?

Comment

Yes. Just got an update from Eye Eco the other day and we should have them in stock within a couple of weeks. I'll post an update here with availability and pricing info in the course of the week.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

ThermoEyes update!

Well that was a long week

I got my first shipment of Thermoeyes yesterday. I was going to try it last night but did not manage to get to it. It looks really neat though.

What we have right now is the upgrade kit - two sets of ThermoEyes, and two sets of ThermoPads, for $29.00. Depending on user feedback, we'll start getting the full kits including ThermoEyes - it will basically be a "Chronic Dry Eye Kit" that includes ThermoEyes and Thermopads, for $59.00.

Here's a link to it in the store.

Here's how it works: The ThermoEyes inserts are sort of like a mini gelpack with a little metal disc floating in them. You click the disk back and forth to activate the heat, stick it inside the goggle and stick a moist ThermoPad on top of it (instead of the standard foam pad). For those who use Tranquileyes for the 20-minute recommended treatment, ThermoEyes is supposed to reduce treatment time to 5 minutes; for overnight users, it creates a high humidity environment for 75 minutes.

Reactivation is a bit of a hassle because you have to boil it for a minute, then cool it for 15 before it can be reactivated. However, it can be reactivated up to 100 times, so for those who want to use it every day and don't mind the maintenance, the cost would be $29 for more than 6 months of use (2 sets times 100 uses).

I'll report back when I've tried it out myself.

Incidentally for those who have not tried TranquilEyes goggles and who have overnight dry eye issues: There is very little feedback available online about this product; however, I've had a lot of very strong reports back by phone from users. It's clearly not an overnight miracle for everyone, but for many users it is making a dramatic difference in nighttime comfort so I do not hesitate to recommend it as well worth trying out (in conjunction with a good lubricant).

p.s. No pressure to buy from us of course! If you buy direct from Eye Eco, I think they donate a portion of sales to the Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation. We're not able to do that at present because we are stocking relatively small quantities, but hopefully later on we can.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
          Reactivation is a bit of a hassle because you have to boil it for a minute.
          How long do the packs stay warm?

Comment

Originally posted by np1981
            How long do the packs stay warm?
            Whoops, sorry, I just noticed this. Hm, I haven't really timed it (guess I fall asleep before they cool off). I think that the heat stays around 15-20 minutes. The high humidity is supposed to last 75 minutes.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

reactivating thermoeyes

Just got my thermoeyes this week and really liked them. But when I tried to reactivate them (after boiling for 1 min and then cooling for 10) it seemed that they didn't heat up as much as they did the first time I used them. They got a little warm, but didn't seem to generate as much heat, and then they cooled off pretty quickly too and the gel pack got kind of gravelly and hard. Anybody else had this experience?

Comment

Working...
              X