X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TE problems & alternatives (speedos?)

Hi guys,

I got my tranquileyes about a week ago but have been having some problems. I have had one of the foam pads come off after a few days (glued it back on but not quite right), and they come off 3 or 4 times a night. I am a die hard tummy/side sleeper and they just seem to come right off.

I think the problem is mainly with my tightening strap, perhaps I am doing it wrong, but I tighten the strap by pulling the obvious piece through, and from here there is nothing stopping the mechanism from coming instantly loose again as far as I can see.

I am trying to track down my problem so my goggles are used for a combo of protection from allergens/detergents, as well as a general aid with night time dryness. I am wondering if I would have more success with something I could tighten on better, with a lower profile. I have heard mention of speedos being used. I presume this would be similar to quartz/onyx from the dry eye store (I hesitate to order these as the tightening strap looks similar to TE, and I may have to pay customs to the UK).

What do you think of these? good reviews for a firm non leak fit. Is it a BAD thing to have an airtight seal? i.e. lack of oxygen to the eye (in which case perhaps I could punch a tiny hole in each eye cup).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-Futur...pr_product_top

Would be great to hear your thoughts and comments about speedos or TE use- I also have some (much smaller) goggles with foam lining but they are pretty small and form a very small area around my eyes so I hesitate to wear them all night for some reason. Perhaps though the foam lining makes sense?

Thanks
    John

Apologies, the link doesnt seem to be right, try this one - basically fairly standard speedo goggles (but very well reviewed for seal, anti-fog, comfort etc).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speedo-80693...8324979&sr=8-5

Comment

Hi there,

I'm moving this from the archives (not many people see things here) to the open forum so you'll hopefully get more responses).

I emailed you re: the foam & strap... I think you had bad luck with those but fixable, though I know some people just plain don't get along with that kind of strap. I know several who have either tied a knot in it or sewed a fold in it "just so" to get it firm enough - that said it should NOT have tightening problems of this sort right from the get-go - either it was not threaded right originally or something else is wrong.

A majority (don't know exact %) of side sleepers get along OK with Tranquileyes but definitely NOT stomach sleepers at least not most so that may push you in another direction anyway.

Re: swim goggles - check with dr. to be sure, my understanding is that if it's less than 8 hours it's probably OK even if it's airtight. Not the most comfortable thing in the world but sometimes the only thing that matters is getting what works!
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X