Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member! just wondering if anyone shares same symphtoms?..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member! just wondering if anyone shares same symphtoms?..

Firstly hello to everyone, and yes i am writing this in a period of non-irritation, as when it resumes (daily) a vast change in mood.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...............
    My 'dry eye' has been confirmed twice via the paper test, but seems to have come from nowhere, January and wont go away!..
    .................................................. .................................................. ...............
    My opthamolagist says i am the wrong age and sex (male 39yrs) which i now know is not that uncomman having read the forum. My pain starts in the bottom right- low down behind bottom eyelid in Right eye. Starting with the 'foreign object sensation' then becomes pain!. I have found that eye drops sometimes work, sometimes not?. There realy is no guarentee.. I can-not watch T.v, drive or read, computer viewing i keep to the minimum as these 4 make my eyes heavy and tired.
    I have had the in the past, the full range of pain, and did initialy have corneal scartches which was awful. My daily routine involves The overnight 'Alpha eyes mask' which is the best money i have spent!; and an eyedrop product called 'Hylo-tears' preservative free which i find best, which you dont have to throw most of it away like other drops as it is a vaccum delivery. Bizzarly i find some quick 'fast-food' fix along with the drops is better than simply applying drops . My own boiled water spray mist helps with the tired eyes, and 2 thin slices of cucumber from the fridge placed on the eyes for 20mins is also excellent!..
    I'm not to sure if everyone in the U.K has come accross the Alpha eyes mask or the 'Hylo tears drops' so if anyone would like the nams of the U.K supplier i would gladly post it; the alpha eyes mask are priced £39.99 and the Hylo tears i get orderd on prescription as the chemist had never heard of it ...

alpha mask

Hi Colin P

So sorry you have had to find this site and hope your symptoms can soon be helped. Just wondered about the Alpha Mask you mention, had a look at it on Amazon and can't see what is so special about it for such a lot of money. It looks just like standard eye mask with a liner!

I use Hycosan which sound similar to yours, does the mask help to keep the drops in for longer, I suppose I am basically asking, how does it help?

thanks, lizibet

Comment

Hello Lizibet!..
      I'm not sure if there is similair products to the Alpha mask? But Prior to using the Alpha eyes mask, i would have to wake in the middle of the night to apply more drops, The Alpha eyes mask fits very comfortable , it took maybe 3 or 4 days but the nights sleep i get now is 100 times better!. No-more need to get up and apply more drops, I apply 2x drops in each eye, then apply the mask and eyes are moist 7-8hrs later upon awaking everybody.
      I mentioned the mask because i hope somebody else who is struggling could benefit .
      Ive had mine since January from relaxuk(try there website).. phone number 01206/767/300. Ruth Sandiford who you will speak to has sufferd herself with dry-eyes and is very helpfull..
      .................................................. .................................................. .......
      Just checked Lizibet, and yes it would appear Hycosan and Hylo tear are the same product..
      .................................................. .......................................

Has anyone tried 'Rohto' preservative free drops ?? i spotted them recently in my pharmacy.

Comment

Alpha mask

Hi Colin

Thanks for info, will ring Ruth and have a chat. I wonder if it would help with air travel which I have to avoid now.

Interesting what you say about Hycosan and Hylo tear being the same, my GP says she can't prescribe Hycosan so I pay about £12 a go. Will ask her for Hylo tears, would certainly save some money if I could get this on prescription!

I have tried Rohto drops but didn't get on with them and went back to Hycosan. I also use Celluvisc at night and find these stay in longer.

Lizibet

Comment

Thanks for reply Lizibet, pm sent!..

Comment

Thanks Colin have pm'd back Liz

Comment

Working...
            X