This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling hot at night from Tranquileyes

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and has any suggestions. I like this product very much. My only concern is sometimes my sleep is affected and I wake up in the middle of the night because I am sweating from wearing the Traquileyes goggles. Any ideas on what to do to feel more comfy?

Second question is. I have not been using the inserts but I notice my eyes are holding up ok and staying pretty lubricate as long as I use an ointment. Am I supposed to use the inserts to create moisture or is using the inserts considered optional and not necessary for creating a moisture seal?

TIA

I think the inserts are optional. I am wondering if the moisture in the inserts might help cool you down while providing extra moisture. A lot of us use the genteal gel, instead of the heavier ointment. You might want to try that sometime.

Comment

There's really 3 ways to use the goggle -

1) With moisture pads (wet) - best if you want to add moisture
      2) With moisture pads (dry) - another option if you need something to hold the lids down but don't want to bother with wetting/washing the foam so frequently
      3) Without moisture pads - you still get the benefit of the seal/barrier. However, I've heard from some users that the outer foams may come off sooner that way because they may 'cave in' a bit toward the center if not supported by the removable pads.

Some people cover the foam with plastic wrap, especially if the foam does not agree with their skin. I don't know if this would cause more or less sweating! There's also the 'tini bikini' accessory - for some people this agrees with their skin better than the foam itself. Possibly using lined foam instead of unlined might also make a slight difference?
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I have rosacea and my face gets too hot at night to wear Tranquileyes or Onyx... I even have a hard time with tape because I think the heat of my face makes the tape stick stronger to my lids/skin and so the next day, taking it off, is OUCH!

So I use Glad Press N Seal. It doesn't make me hot, it keeps moisture/drops on my eyes all night, and it's easy to take off the next day.

Comment

Thank you so much for the responses. I actually have found wetting the foam of the goggles has helped cool things down. I still don't use the inserts, they actually put uncomfortable pressure on my eyes themselves. I use the goggles and Muro 128 now and my eyes finally feel almost normal during the day. The goggles are odd to wear but I am actually getting deeper sleep from them as an added bonus regardless if my wife calls me the Human Fly or not. First time I feel almost "normal eyes" for most of the day since I had LAZEK 5 years ago and the dry eye issues started up! Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by seekandfind View Post
            I still don't use the inserts, they actually put uncomfortable pressure on my eyes themselves.
            Suggestion - you could cut them in half lengthwise, then you can get the benefit of the added moisture without anything touching the lids. (The little white pads in the shop can work that way too but I think a lot of people find it practical to slice them.)
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca that is a great idea. I will try that tonight. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
              X