This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goggles making things worse!!

I am wondering if anyone has slept with googles on and have experienced their eyelids being more inflamed then before using googles?? I was so excited to try them and woke up 3 nights in a row with redder, more swollen lids. Any suggestions??

I wonder that myself. I use the silicone goggles and sometimes wonder if it's trapping too much humidity and keeps the outsides of my eye lids too wet? I am thinking of trying taping my eyes shut next to see if that's the best remedy.

Good luck, sorry I can't be of more help!
    Margaret

Comment

This is just my own opinion, but I wouldn't recommend sleeping with goggles on because it will make your skin under your eyes all wrinkly. However, if this is not the case with your goggles then ignore this.

That aside, unless you have a lid closure problem, why wear goggles at night? Your eyes are closed anyway, so what's the difference?

If you do have a lid closure problem, I'd recommend using ointment and eye drops before going to bed, and doing a hot compress the second you get up. I'd recommend using a rice baggy for your hot compress as it keeps the heat in for much longer than a wet cloth.

If you decide to tape your eyes, make sure you know what you're doing otherwise you may cause yourself harm. Talk to a doctor about it if you're not sure what kind of tape to use or how to do it.

Hope this helps

Comment

The goggles keep a moist environment. I have cut my RCEs from 3 a night to 3 a week by using tranquileyes goggles. I have even had the odd week free of the pain.

If your eyelids are inflamed you could try using the thinner white pads at night.

I had a problem with my eyebrows being rubbed so I put a thickish layer of cold cream on them to plaster them down.

R.

Comment

I think the skin around my eyes is actually better if I use my Tranquileyes. Wrinkles be gone. No guarantee, but seems to help me.
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
          X