This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAYTIME and NIGHTTIME eyewear and ointments

I've been suffering from DES for quite a few years now. I live in a very hot country so i have the aircon opened all day and night. This makes my eyes quite dry so i'm looking for nighttime and daytime eyewear that will keep the air from blowing in my eyes and keep the moisture inside.

For NIGHTTIME: i will try tranquileyes, although i'm not sure if tranquileyes is right for me because i mostly sleep on my belly or sides and i also move a lot when i'm sleeping.
    I've noticed that when i sleep in a non-airconditioned room my eyes are not as irritated in the morning. Hopefully some airtight moisture-goggles will help me.

For DAYTIME: i'm not sure which glasses yet. I prefer something not too expensive that can keep the air from blowing into my eyes. If that works then i will buy some better quality RX glasses.

OINTMENTS: Does that really help? Which one should i start with?

EYEDROPS: I'm only using a cheap product called tears naturale II that helps me a lot. I've tried the more expensive preservatives-free stuff like vislube without much succes. I'm still looking for a product without preservatives that will help me like tears naturale II does.

The things that helped me: Flaxseed oil and a high dose of EPA+DHA! Especially the flaxseed oil makes my eyes feel so much more moistured, i recommend anyone suffering from moderate DES to try three tablespoons flaxseed oil daily and a high dose of omega 3 fishoil.

I'd love to hear some recommendations on daytime + nighttime eyewear and if i should try some ointments or any other eyedrops.

Thanks!

Hi Windmill,

I find tranquileyes uncomfortable because I like to sleep on my belly. I use a tiny bit of Refresh Lacrilube at night. You might want to just wear a regular eye mask (see Dry Eye Shop) there are lots of varieties. You might want to consider using a humidifier at night or during the day for your work place.

Dry eye shop also sells some sealed glasses that will take a prescription.

My favourite eye drop is Oasis Tears and Oasis Tears Plus (for evening). I believe these drops are supposed to be particularly good for people with evaporative dry eye. They too are available at the DE shop. . . they are pricey though.

Take care,

Bella

Comment

Working...
    X