
A few years ago one doctor told me about blepharitis, then I started cleaning and my eyelashes are fine after that. But my eyes were still red so I googled more and found this forum, MGD and more. I tried warm compress and squeezed my eyelid, EACH and EVERY meibomian glands released a thick white paste... Now after a year with cleaning I never get that white paste. It's clear now but no doctor diagnosed me with MGD I just gave myself that diagnose...
It seems that Milk cause more redness and increase the risk of clogging my MG, it's slightly better now when I exclude milk protein from my food. But other than this I have no diagnose, can't find any correlation to anything I do or eat apart from sleeping.
I have excluded bed/dust mites since I can lay in my bed awake all day without getting red eyes but just 1-2 hours can have a huge negative impact. I THINK I sometimes sleep with my eyes open and I THINK this with untreated MGD caused RCE. But even when I tape my eyelids shut I get red eyes from sleeping. So this is probably a minor problem.
I work irregular hours, a few weeks ago I did some overtime, got home late but not tired. Next day I only had a dentist appointment but I skipped sleeping just to avoid waking up with red eyes. (The dentist is kinda cute and I didn't wanna have red eyes...
)This is how much sleeping usually affect my eyes, now what? :/

Leave a comment: