This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes glue problem

I have been using tranquileyes for a number of years without a problem. For the last year I find that the glue does not hold as well and the outer foam keeps falling off. The good thing about this is that there is no glue stuck to the goggles. Does anyone have a solution for this. I find I have to replace the foam much more often that I used to because it stops sticking to the goggles.

I tried the alpha dry eye mask but find it does not help as much.

I think that the current foam does not last as long as the foam we had some years ago, but it should still last at least 1-2 months per pair with normal use. If you get foam in my shop that doesn't last that long I'll always replace it. Meantime here's my thoughts on maximizing foam life FWIW and I'm sure others will have comments as this is kind of an ongoing issue:

1) Goggle age? Once the goggle is a couple of years old, the adhesive will typically not bond as well anymore.
    2) I'm sure you're doing all the right things with removing the previous & preparing the surface since you're a longtime user but just thought I'd mention... rubbing alcohol, ajax etc, also when I put a new foam on, I really mash it down to nothing, pressing it into place very hard.
    3) Tini Bikini will prolong the foam life since you can wear that over the foam and not have to wash the foam on the goggle. I'm out of them and not sure when/whether I can get more, but check with EyeEco.com.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

foam on tranquileyes

Rebecca,

Thanks for your helpful hints. I did order 12 sets of foam from you and have had difficulty with them. However, I just received a new set of goggles because my old ones were at least 3 years old. Hopefully that is the problem. The foam used to last two months and now it lasts only 3 weeks. After less than two weeks it starts to come off.

I will also try mashing down the foam and look into the bikini option.

I never thought about returning the foam to you and even if I had I would not do so. You do so much good for all of us and I would not have troubled you with a return. The glue problem I have been having is either because my goggles were too old or eccoeyes changed the glue and foam.

The goggles I just ordered are my 4th pair. I think I just kept the last pair too long.

Thanks again.

Comment

I was having trouble keeping the foam on and I am sure part of the problem was the heat pads. They are hard round the edges and were putting pressure on the foam as they were squeezed in.

I couldn't get a bikini in the UK so I took the advice I read on the forum and now I put a bit duck tape round when I replace the pads.

It is not beautiful but it solves the problem and I think it stops little draughts coming under loose bits of the foam so they work better for me.

As the foam compresses the edge of the tape can become scratchy so I just trim it with some fine scissors.

The tranquileyes have worked a miracle for me, cutting the number of erosions right back, though they return with a vengeance if I cut back on my routine.

R

Comment

Working...
        X