Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No more Dwelle- What to use now at night?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Dwelle- What to use now at night?

I used to use Dwelle eye drops and then use my Tranquileyes after putting those in. However, as most of you know, Dwelle is no longer being sold anymore. So I got a couple of questions:

1)What are people using at night now that Dwelle is no longer available?
    2)When/will Dwelle be available in the future and is Fresh Kote a good alternative to Dwelle if that was working well?

I never used Dwelle at night; I use gel. During the day, I used to alternate between Dwelle and FreshKote, so now I'm just using FreshKote. I think they protect my eyes equally, but FreshKote seemed to leave a lot more residue---better to use if I'm near a sink and can clean up my lids and lashes. Dwelle was working great for me---and was saving me money since I only needed to use the more expensive FreshKote just twice a day, and could use Dwelle the rest of the time.

FreshKote probably works about the same as Dwelle for night, but I'm just guessing---somebody else will have to comment on that. It has the same ingredients.

Calli

Comment

Thanks Calli,

A couple more questions. What have you found to be the best gel to use at night? and do you ever use ointments, tranquileyes, tape, or found anything else to be effective?

Comment

I've used genteal gel at night for 5-6 years. Up until 2 years ago I wore TranquilEyes and then switched to Oniyx silicone goggles, which I now prefer. When I wake up during the night I add more gel or some FreshKote to get me through the night (even with the gel and Oniyx, my eyes get dry). Ointments don't work well for me. All that moisture makes the skin under my eyes sort of chapped, so I put on a thick layer of Arnica ointment (not the cream) on there before I put in the gel and goggles. It works for me, but I've gotta say, when my eyes were at their worst, the gel and drops stung---but I'm doing pretty well with that now.

C

Also, just my opinion, but I think the silicone is less prone to bacterial build up. Anyway, I'm lazy about disinfecting and cleaning, and the Oniyx goggles are really simple, no liners, pads, etc. ---I just wipe them off and let them dry. My only problem has been when I forgot to pack them in my suitcase on a trip, and then went into freak-out mode when I didn't have them. Pure dependency, but the good kind.

Comment

Thanks Calli,

I may buy some of the Oniyx goggles. I'm really bad about cleaning the Tranquileyes and the pads are starting to become discolored (I'm assuming that's a bad thing) probably because I do a poor job of cleaning them. If that genteal gel/oniyx approach is working well for you that may be what I try next. I'm always looking for ways to improve my DES and nighttime tends to be very bad for me.

Comment

I hope they work out for you. Also, just wanted to say that I told my ophthalmologist about Oniyx last year, and since then he has been recommending them to his dry eye patients and especially people with Lagophtalmos (eyelids not closing all the way during sleep). Last month at my appointment he told me that he has had about 50 patients try them and only 3 couldn't adjust (mainly because they kept pulling them off while sleeping)---and the rest are doing well.

C

Comment

Bring back Dwelle

I have been using FreshKote (both night and day), but I do not find it works as well as Dwelle. At night, I liked the fact that Dwelle kind of sealed my eyelid and made it easier to sleep. I like the consistency of Dwelle better. I have tried writing the company regarding Dwelle production, but I have not received a response. They were the best drop that I tried. For me, the effects of FreshKote do not last as long as Dwelle did. I hope one day, they will start making them again.

I wonder if enough of us who like Dwelle wrote to Focus Laboratories, if they might manufacture them again.

dryeyes2

Comment

Since Frank Holly retired his products have slowly been disgarded by the owner. Dwelle was an amazing product as was Dakrina, Freshkote and Nutratear. They were each allowed to disappear with the statement 'when they are produced again they will be made available'. Well too bad for those of us that came to enjoy and appreciate each of them. Nothing else on the market that I could find came close to these products.

Comment

Working...
                X