This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanquil Eye Goggle & lower eyelid retraction

I am using Tanquil Eye Goggles for last 2 years for night time protection. I think my lower eyelids are getting pushed back further from their constant use causing me more lower eyelid retraction/sagging and proptosis of the eye. Can not use tapes as my eyelids feel sore after couple of days.

Does anyone think that is possible? Thanks
    Last edited by shanku; 10-Jan-2012, 08:32.

Maybe Onyix would be better for you? See Dry Eye Shop Onyix. I believe the cup size is a little bigger and therefore vaults the eye area more than Tranquileyes.

I have one of every night mask/shield known to man! I still prefer Glad Press N Seal or tape. But I do know that tape hurts... and I often have little dots of blood from where I've ripped off skin when I remove tape the next day!

On the other hand, I know of people who LOVE their Tranquileyes and/or Onyix. It's a matter of trying and seeing.

Comment

Thanks! I think Onyix does not help hold the eyelids down. How do you make the Glad Press N Seal or Saran Wrap stay in place thru the night? Also, I am afraid that wrap can get into the eye during sleep.

Comment

Hi shanku,

I have tried various arrangements with the plastic wrap. One option is to use a dab of vaseline in each of the four corners. This usually works really well to keep the wrap in place. I also stretch the wrap over my eye as I like the feeling of the wrap holding my lid down.

You can also use a little bit of the micropore tape to hold down the plastic. Two strips diagonally across from each other work well. I wouldn't worry about the wrap getting into your eye. I toss and turn a lot and find that the wrap pretty well stays put.

Comment

If you think that Tranquileyes is affecting your lids (causing retraction/sagging), then Onyix may work better for you because Onyix vaults the lids.

Personally, I found that it's best NOT to have any pressure on my eyes/lids at night. That means that even those very soft cloth eye masks which barely feel like they're touching my lids are out.

I don't use Saran Wrap. I use Glad Press N Seal which has a tacky (sticky) side. It just isn't as sticky as tape so it's easy to take off in the morning. During the night, I turn from side to side, but Glad stays on.

Every night I apply a good dose of drops, then I stick on a rectangle of Glad. So far, the material has never gotten into my eye.

Comment

Working...
          X