X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about tranquileyes and other night eye protection

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some clarification about night eye protection. Do products like tranquileyes just help you get through the night, or do you see benefits during the day from having your eyes protected all night? I ask because my dry eye problem generally occurs later in the day and in the evening (after a full day of work, computer, etc.), with no problems sleeping and in the morning.

Also, I'm a bit overwhelmed with the number of choices and options. What has worked the best for you in terms of night eye protection?

Thanks everyone

Hi Jesseg, I tried to use onyix, but I couldn't get them to work effectively because my bipap full face mask. The type mask I have is not compatible because it also has a forehead part that attaches to the main mask. I got too much leakage of air from mask into my eyes. I use ointment in my eyes every night after warm compresses and cleansing of eyelids. That works well for me. I use Muro 128 ointment because I still get corneal erosions and abrasions easily. Muro is not a general eye ointment, is for a specific eye condition. I was prescribed it by my ophthalmologist. There are other ointments out there - just check to make sure they are preservative-free if you go that route. Welcome to the forum! And it's great you're asking questions. That's what we all do all the time here.

Comment

I think the goggles do help me because my eyes feel less irritated in the morning. I do still have trouble in the evenings with dryness. I am doing much better now but it has taken me a long time to improve and a combination of things to get here. I have both the Tranquileyes and the Onyx. The Onyx is the most comfortable but I need the pressure of the Tranquileyes insert to help keep my left eye closed during sleep. After about a week you will need to tighten the elastic fabric to maintain a snug fit. You will need to use a small safety pin or take a few stitches with a needle. The adjustment clasp on either goggle won't hold a snug fit.

What seems to help me most with late day dryness is wearing an indoor goggle with transitional lenses, particularly when watching tv or at a computer. The slight tint seems to help. They are ugly but some are less ugly than others. I recently got a new pair at a Harley Davidson store and they look fairly decent.
      Last edited by pecan121; 24-May-2012, 07:20. Reason: misspelling

Comment

I have found good relief from using the tranquileyes. I think of all the treatments to date, this has been the most significant in terms of relief. I put in Thera Tears ointment before going to bed. My eyes feel almost normal when I wake up. I have begun to use thera tear gel drops during the day. Morning afternoon and evening They do cause some blurriness for about 5 minutes. I still am suffering from abrasions and recurrent corneal erosions, but my eyes do feel a little better.

Comment

Working...
        X