X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes and dark under eye circles

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this and do u find any alterntaive to the tranquileyess. If i dont wear the tranquileyes my eyes really feel it the next day but they are giving me dark marks under my eyes.Iv tried taping my eyes shut and using one of those sleep maks but they dont seem to provide the same relief.I currently still wear the tranquileyes as im in college and must get my degree.
    Any tips/advice is greatly appreciated
    Anthony

i had someone advise me to use saran wrap-i know..it totally sounds weird... but i couldnt wear the tranquileyes cause they hurt my face... i have yet to try teh saran wrap-or cling wrap (not sure where u live).. any way.. someone with sjogrens told me to fold it into little squares and moisten with water-applly some petroleum jelly to the outer edges and adhere to your eyes--i assume not touching the eyelids...

that is the only thing i know other than other sleep masks which i heard dont work well for dry eye..good luck!
    Jenny

Comment

Anthony,

I too have Tranquileyes and had horrible dark circles when first using. Then, at least for my set, I figured out it was blue/purple dye leaking out of the replacable foam covers and inserts! Once I noticed the dye on my pillow, I took them and ran them underwater, then finally soaked them in water and pressed them into paper towels and it left purple rings everywhere I touched. After doing the long soak, blotting and rinsing, they no longer bled. When I replaced the foam pieces with the included second set, I tested the new ones and although they did not bleed as much, they did bleed blue/purple on the paper towel, it was just much lighter. I don't know if this is your problem or not, and perhaps it was just a bad batch of foam pieces, but that was the cause of my dark circles. I know the first week I used the Tranquileyes I thought I I looked so tired and I couldn't figure out what the issue was. Note, on the replacement pads, you do want to soak and blot after you replace the pads (so the adhesive is not affected). I will hope this was just a passing quality control issue as the set was expensive to not be colorfast. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.
        Yes,it could be the dye.May i ask,when u soaked the inserts did u find the foam also had the dye(which would be outside/around the inserts as such).Did u find that they would be more inclined to "loosen" from the goggle when doing this and so would have to be replaced a lot more?
        Thanks

Originally posted by gichamp View Post
        Anthony,

I too have Tranquileyes and had horrible dark circles when first using. Then, at least for my set, I figured out it was blue/purple dye leaking out of the replacable foam covers and inserts! Once I noticed the dye on my pillow, I took them and ran them underwater, then finally soaked them in water and pressed them into paper towels and it left purple rings everywhere I touched. After doing the long soak, blotting and rinsing, they no longer bled. When I replaced the foam pieces with the included second set, I tested the new ones and although they did not bleed as much, they did bleed blue/purple on the paper towel, it was just much lighter. I don't know if this is your problem or not, and perhaps it was just a bad batch of foam pieces, but that was the cause of my dark circles. I know the first week I used the Tranquileyes I thought I I looked so tired and I couldn't figure out what the issue was. Note, on the replacement pads, you do want to soak and blot after you replace the pads (so the adhesive is not affected). I will hope this was just a passing quality control issue as the set was expensive to not be colorfast. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony16 View Post
          Thanks for the help guys.
          Yes,it could be the dye.May i ask,when u soaked the inserts did u find the foam also had the dye(which would be outside/around the inserts as such).Did u find that they would be more inclined to "loosen" from the goggle when doing this and so would have to be replaced a lot more?
          Thanks

For me, it did not affect the adhesive hold of the pads - I replaced the first set only when I needed to to make sure they were not too aged and thus not real clean. I did find the purple dye both on the replacement pads around the outside or the outer rings (looks black on the googles) and on the inserts. They dye that came off on the white paper towel was quite striking on the first set for both the rings and the inserts. When I replaced the outer rings, I pushed them on good, left them for a couple of hours to let the adhesive stick and then I started running them under water and blotting them. Again, the second set was not as bad as the first set, but I still had light purple coming off on the paper towel. I did it until I did not see any color and they have been fine. I hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
          X