This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquil eyes fitting

Ive just got some of these but having problems. I got them because night times are bad for me and apparently, I sleep with my eyes slightly open (probably have been for ages but didnt know).

The problem Im having is getting seal around the eyes as for them to be the most effective, you're not supposed to be able to see any daylight around them.

Ive tried tightening the band (seen the other thread) but this doesnt solve the problem and just makes them uncomfortable.

I need night time protection and feel these are the way to go so I want to find a way to work with them.

The only daylight I see is in the upper outer corners near my nose.

What do you recommend?

Tranquil Eyes fitting

I've worn these goggles for about two years. They don't fit my face either. I have a small nose, narrow face and large eye sockets. What I've done to make mine fit is to take out the nose piece. Then I take a piece of soft ribbon and lace it in and out of the holes in the nose piece pulling the eye pieces closer together, almost touching, you can hold them up to your face to check the fit. Then I knot the ribbon on top away from my face. This custom fits the goggles to my face. The band will stretch over time and you will need to tighten it. But tightening it too much will not take care of the problem you have. It takes a little experimentation, but it has worked well for me for years. Hope this helps.

Billye

Comment

Thanks Silverlady

I will try that. I also have another problem - when I wore them to take a nap this afternoon, I woke up to the most attractive panda eyes, I had black rings all around my eyes where the edge of the tranquileyes sat.

Anyone else had this?

Also, what do you wash yours with? Will any antibacterial cleanser do the trick?

Comment

Originally posted by SusieD
        I will try that. I also have another problem - when I wore them to take a nap this afternoon, I woke up to the most attractive panda eyes, I had black rings all around my eyes where the edge of the tranquileyes sat.
        Yikes - sorry to hear about this. This happened to one other user I know of awhile back, who was using some kind of ointment around the eyes if I remember right. I called the manufacturer and they said they had occasionally had reports of some "dye bleed" but I think it was only reported when petroleum based products were used underneath it or something. If this happened with NO products (other than water) please let me know - that's new to me.

No-fabric pads are available and actually they are now standard in all of the "Chronic dry eye" kits but the other kits usually have the standard black fabric pads.

Antibacterial soap should be fine for cleaning the pads.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

I had the black panda eyes from a new pair of Tranquil Eye replacement pads also.

I wasn't wearing anything underneath them (tends to be a habit when you have scotish ancestry), I mean gels, ointments, etc. Just the plain old Tranquil eyes.

Found that this disapeared when I washed the goggles - Which I tend to do quite frequently anyway.

Only a very minor inconvenience for an excellent product.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Black Rings

This is something that happens occasionally. I've not had it happen in a long time. I wash the pads every single time I wear them and I use baby shampoo. I then put them in the little mesh bag and hang them to dry.

As far as a ring, the only time I've had that happen was when I wear something greasy or creamy around my eyes. Washing the goggles should stop it. Also as Rebecca says, if you don't have anything around your eyes and this happens, let her know.

Billye

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
              Yikes - sorry to hear about this. This happened to one other user I know of awhile back, who was using some kind of ointment around the eyes if I remember right. I called the manufacturer and they said they had occasionally had reports of some "dye bleed" but I think it was only reported when petroleum based products were used underneath it or something. If this happened with NO products (other than water) please let me know - that's new to me.

No-fabric pads are available and actually they are now standard in all of the "Chronic dry eye" kits but the other kits usually have the standard black fabric pads.

Antibacterial soap should be fine for cleaning the pads.
              Thanks, I had used a moisturiser but thought that had absorbed by the time I put them on. That could have been it though - it hasnt happened since.

Rebecca, just to clarify - if you order the 'chronic dry eye' kits - they only have the foam without the fabric covering? I might be better off with this then. Dont like to order anything that says 'chronic' on it though! Still dont like to think of it that way. Denial is not a river in Egypt eh?

Comment

Turns out there was a bad (though thankfully small) lot of that black fabric that "bled" ink - it was not water soluble but they said it could bleed a little if it got on anything with oil. That includes oily skin.

Anybody that got "bleeding" pads from us I'll be happy to replace with no-fabric pads - just send an email to service@dryeyezone.com to let me know. You can also purchase the no-fabric pads separately. (It's an option on that item.)

Originally posted by SusieD
                Rebecca, just to clarify - if you order the 'chronic dry eye' kits - they only have the foam without the fabric covering?
                That's right - that's their standard setup. However, going forward I'm also going to ship one set of no-fabric foam with all the other kit types so that people get a chance to try both.

I might be better off with this then. Dont like to order anything that says 'chronic' on it though! Still dont like to think of it that way. Denial is not a river in Egypt eh?
                LOL
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

how adjustable are these things? Tranquil eyes.

Hello everyone.
                  Is it possible to remove one of the Tranquil eyes pad things, making it sort of a pirate tranquil eyes(aaarrgghh!)? My left eye would benefit most from having a night patch, right eye not as bad as left.

rhohltjr

Comment

Possible?

Hi,
                    I'm not sure what you mean about the patch. Tranquileyes are a type of goggle but a very soft one. Do you need your eye closed at night, or just air blocked off from the eye? The goggles could have one side of it taken off but then you wouldn't have the support for the goggle cup on the other eye. They do have an adhesive on the foam but it probably wouldn't stick very well repeatedly on skin with any oil and would probably be cost prohibitive.

Rebecca, can you post a link to the tranquileyes on this thread. I can't see well enough to search for it tonight. I'll see if I can describe the surface that touches the face: each goggle eyecup has a piece of foam on it, and the center of the foam is pre-cut out to form an "o" . This center piece is washed each morning and placed to dry, then it can be reused again. When the foam is ready to be replaced it simply pulls off and more foam is placed on the goggle cup.

Is this clear as mud??
                    Billye

Comment

I'm having trouble getting the EyeEco site (www.eyeeco.com) to launch tonight. Here's the best pic I could find for this:

http://www.magellans.co.uk/mitcuk/Images/if941_lg2.jpg

If you only "need" it for one eye, I would just leave out the center foam pad (the removeable moisture pad) for that eye but otherwise leave the thing alone. I suppose you could rig something to get rid of one side altogether... not sure how comfty it would be...
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

patch goggle

Originally posted by Silverlady
                        Hi,
                        ...Do you need your eye closed at night, or just air blocked off from the eye? The goggles could have one side of it taken off but then you wouldn't have the support for the goggle cup on the other eye.

Billye
                        Yes, thanks for this info. My left eye is the one I really need night time help with, the right eye does pretty good (most nights) that is why I was wondering if it would be possible to just use the left side only by removing the right patch/goggle cup holder ....thing. I've seen the ads for tranquileyes but never bought them. When I found this thread here at DEZ I thought I would give it a shot and ask this question.

Comment

Answer back

I think your best bet would be as Rebecca suggests. Just leave the center out of the pad. I know I've done this when I was unable to wet the center pad and it has kept the airconditioner from blowing in my face which helps.
                          Billye

Comment

Does anyone else have trouble keeping Tranquileyes on all night?

In the last couple of weeks, I have woken up many times with the mask missing, despite tightening it. I had this problem before but I simply tightened it.

I don't know how this happened, but this morning I found it 5 feet away on the floor! Did it grow legs and wander off?!

If it's too tight it's uncomfortable, and I can't sleep. If it's too loose it just comes off anyway. I don't know if I am somehow pushing it off in my sleep or something. I might try using some kind of shawl or something on top.

Comment

No, not a problem

I've worn these things for 2+ years and never had it come off. If you found it 5 ft away on the floor, you took it off and threw it in your sleep. Do you have a little gremlin playing while you are sleeping, maybe??

Billye

Comment

Working...
                              X