This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes inserts

Just wanted to ask what you all moisten the inserts with (for those that use the inserts).

Just regular tap water? or boiled/purified water?

Thanks.

Moisten Inserts

I use distilled water that I boil in the microwave, then let it cool to a temp that I can handle. I put the foam inserts in and squeeze them a time or two and then let them sit (in the warm water) while I brush my teeth. Then I squeeze most of the liquid out and they are ready to go.

Billye

Comment

I was wondering about the foam inserts for Tranquileyes. I have bought small foam makeup sponges very reasonably at the drug stores in the past. Never knowing about Tranquileyes until just recently, I'm now thinking the sponges would make inexpensive and probably good substitutes for the goggles. They could be trimmed to size. Any thoughts?
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy

Sounds like a great idea, when I first read your reply I wasn't sure if you had the goggles or not.

I had this funny mental picture of two makeup pads over your eyes held in place with gaffer tape - great look, provided a bit of comic relief for an otherwise uneventful day.

If you do have the goggles what have you got to loose. Give it a whirl and keep us posted.

Ian

Comment

Yes, I have the tranquileyes, but am now wondering if I threw away a whole bag of foam cosmetic applicators which were unopened. Ugh. I'll have to look through a couple of closets/drawers.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I don't see why not. IMHO, the cheaper the foam used right against the eyes the better, because we're more likely to throw it away sooner.

I suppose the density of the pad might affect comfort a bit depending how thick the pad? Makeup applicator sponges tend to be fairly dense - like the ThermoPads that come with ThermoEyes - but the standard tranquileyes foam is a lot more coarse. Not sure whether it matters.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

What are you ladies trying to do to me.

I had enough people look at me like I had two heads when I bought a make up mirror so I could put my drops in. Not coordinated enough to do it without.

I simply draw the line here, I am NOT buying make up pads as well.

I will simply order Tranquil Eye replacement pads as and when I need them, hang the expense, "in for a penny in for a pound".

Good luck with your experiement though.

Comment

How often are we suppose to replace the foams? I'm stil waiting for my new tranquileyes. (The first ones I got.. I drop them in the toilet...of all the places I could have drop them.! Talking about trying to save money.
                Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

I will simply order Tranquil Eye replacement pads as and when I need them, hang the expense, "in for a penny in for a pound".
                  Oh, Ian, come on! You could buy these while buying Q-tips and a bag of cotton balls without anyone blinking an eye.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Maria1972
                    How often are we suppose to replace the foams?
                    Eye Eco says every other month if using daily. See http://www.eyeeco.com/products/care.html.

The first ones I got.. I drop them in the toilet...of all the places I could have drop them.! Talking about trying to save money.
                    I won't ask
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Can we use just tap water to moisten the inserts??
                      I'm using spring water now that I heat in the microwave but it'll be so much easier if I could just use tap water...not sure if it is safe though specially if we'll sleep with them.
                      I have been using it for a few days only I can't wait to see if they will improve my dry eyes. I hope they do.

Tip: Use your tranquileyes mask while listening to relaxation CD...I do that when I have the time.
                      Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

eyeeco and water and foam

I have been advised to use distilled water in the foam. The doctor says that some water (i.e. rural areas) may have irritating chemicals and bacteria in it. I have autoimmune dry eye disease (Sjogrens). Also I wanted to post the thread about using cosmetic foam in the goggles.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showp...4&postcount=16

Billye

Comment

never put tap water in your eyes

because you may get a nasty infection... amoebas notably. Even distilled water is not appropriate (in terms of salinity and sterility).
                          best use sterile saline drops to moisten them.
                          take care
                          K

Comment

Wont the salt in it affect the foam?

Comment

Not the foam

I don't think Kalinda meant to use saline to moisten the foam. I think she meant not to use it to moisten your eyes. Kalinda: If I''m wrong, correct me.

Billye

Comment

Working...
                              X