I can’t sleep in goggles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can’t sleep in goggles!

Hi guys I’ve recently purchased some moisture goggles for nighttime use. However I really stuggle to go to sleep in them. I think this is because i sleep on my side but it feels very awkward in the goggles. What can I do to fix this problem?

Also the ones I purchased are the Eyeseals 4.0 but I’m not sure whether they fit right or not. They feel loose at the sides but really tight round the eyeball. How should they feel? When I put them on the tightest it just hurts.

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
    Hi guys I’ve recently purchased some moisture goggles for nighttime use. However I really stuggle to go to sleep in them. I think this is because i sleep on my side but it feels very awkward in the goggles. What can I do to fix this problem?

Also the ones I purchased are the Eyeseals 4.0 but I’m not sure whether they fit right or not. They feel loose at the sides but really tight round the eyeball. How should they feel? When I put them on the tightest it just hurts.
    I couldn't use the eyeseals...my doc just gave me these plastic eye shields and I tape them to my face with high quality tape. That's been the best for me because it's flush against my face. It's still not super comfortable on my side, but much better than the goggles. The eyeseals gave me the worst erosion ever. They were so tight, when I pushed my head up in the pillow, the strap on the back pulled down and it pulled the goggles upward on my face. It literally pulled my upper lids open all night. With the shields, you tape them, so they don't move at all.

Comment

Where can I get them? I’m in uk

Comment

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
        Where can I get them? I’m in uk
        I'm pretty sure amazon UK has them...search eye shield or eye shield vented.

Comment

You might want to try the ONYIX goggle, I have had no problem with them, I don't even know they are on my face. The only issue with them is that the band across the bridge of the nose is very delicate so they have to be removed carefully. I usually just grab the strap at the back of my head and gently bring it up over my head to remove them to avoid stressing the delicate bridge part.

Comment

Ok thank you farmgirl, I’ve ordered a pair!

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
              You might want to try the ONYIX goggle, I have had no problem with them, I don't even know they are on my face. The only issue with them is that the band across the bridge of the nose is very delicate so they have to be removed carefully. I usually just grab the strap at the back of my head and gently bring it up over my head to remove them to avoid stressing the delicate bridge part.
              I envy you guys/gals that can wear goggles. I hate taping these shield on...such is life lol.

Comment

I suppose I'm lucky the eyeshields 4.0 work for me. I can sleep in most positions with them on but it took over a week to experiment with the correct fit. I was actually close to giving up on them. If it's too tight it's painful and if it's too loose it doesn't form a seal and doesn't work. Maybe try to adjust it over a few nights to see if you can find the right balance, once you've got the right fit at least for me the straps have largely stayed in the correct position. The downside for me is that because I sleep on my face sometimes I get marks from the goggles in the morning. It makes me look like a raccoon for a couple hours LOL, and I think the bags under my eyes look more pronounced. But it's not a big deal in exchange for the comfort, and it sounds like there are other solutions out there besides googles. I may try the ONYIX or another alternative once my strap breaks to see if there's something that leaves fewer marks.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                  Having said that I don't suck them down tight to my face I just let them rest gently on the skin and that seems to do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                  X