Lagopthalmos Sleep Mask from Gulden Ophthalmics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lagopthalmos Sleep Mask from Gulden Ophthalmics

I just noticed this Lagopthalmos Kit from Gulden Ophthalmics while looking on the web. It has a rather interesting looking sleep mask in the kit.

I wonder if anyone has tried this sleep mask, and if so, if they could report on it's effectiveness.

Thanks

Hey nice find. I'm going to get one of those headbands to try out... will be interested to see whether/how it works. The thing is though some people have deeper set eyes than others so in my experience there's no one size fits all thing that can actually hold the lid down (as opposed to keeping it covered)... even with Tranquileyes a lot of people have to tinker with the pads, add white pads, trim down the standard ones etc to customize the pressure on the lid.

Only other thing that I sort of liked that I found once was at palsypatch.com, but the problem for me was it was sticky and had no adequate means to keep it clean.

Sure do wish there were more 'single-eye products out there.

The goggle in that kit looks similar to a post lasik type goggle.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

The night time mask does look good, I hope it's got a wipes me surface, I bought tranquil eyes but I was always worried I wasn't cleaning the sponge pads properly.

Cath
      27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Rebecca- i'd be interested to hear if it works. I was thinking about purchasing it for the headband to help with lago, but I have very deep set eyes so I doubt this product will work for me.

Comment

Years ago, perhaps 5?, I ordered [edited]. Anyway, the kit came with the headband. I think I tried it but I can't remember what happened... Nevertheless, I didn't continue to use it so it must not have been a hit for me. I'll dig it out now and try it again tonight and report back tomorrow. I know for me if anything puts pressure on my eyeballs through closed lids, I get super dry... And nighttime/sleep has always been a very dry time for me.

Comment

Originally posted by cathy8889 View Post
            The night time mask does look good, I hope it's got a wipes me surface, I bought tranquil eyes but I was always worried I wasn't cleaning the sponge pads properly.
            I've got it in my hands now... It's cloth - not wipeable - but could go in the clothes washer, I'm sure.

I tried it on and it does put pressure on my eyeballs under closed lids so I won't be using it as I know that dries me out more (I need cover for both eyes not just one). I'm sticking (literally haha) with Glad Press N Seal over Hylogel to sleep at night.

Comment

Hi spmcc thanks for reporting back, I don't think I'll invest in these, although one ophthalmologist I saw said I did have quite prominent eyes so maybe it would work for me. My eyes couldn't stand pressure from tranquil eyes though so prob not a good idea. What type of tape do people use on their eyes? I've just googled press and seal and couldn't work out what it was lol, Is it a tape of like cling film?

Thanks
              Cath
              27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

EDITED by Rebecca... Sorry MGD666 not your fault at all as you were just replying to a post but in the interests of safety I have a really hardnosed policy on the forum against discussing using restricted medical devices not intended for use by consumers.

Comment

I've been diagnosed with Lagopthalmos and I'm really struggling to find anything to help me and night and have my eyes even feeling half decent when I wake up.

I've tried the Onyix Shield but it left huge indentations on my skin that would last the whole day and my eyes also didn't feel good in the morning. I've had more success but not a home run with the Tranquileyes goggles. I use them without the foam pads as while it was more comfortable my eyes were worse in the morning.

I've used Genteal Gel, Refresh Nightime, Poly Visc and Vita Pos all to varying degress of success. Currently using Vita Pos.

I have Posterior Bleph, MGD, Occular Rosacea & Keratoconus. Any ideas on what I could try would be helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X