This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested goggles for very poor sleeper

Looks like this area isn't used often but I'll give it a go. I'm looking for advice on what to wear at night, I need something that can't bend in and touch my eyes because I've had some abrasion under my top eye lid and I've been told not to rub if possible. I sleep on my side, currently I have very broken sleep, can wake up after just 15 mins sometimes so comfort is important. Any ideas?
    prevention is better than cure, but not for eyes?

/night-dry-eye-protection-c74.aspx Anything here, bro? Do you know why you are waking up?
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I use the Onyix goggles http://www.dryeyeshop.com/onyix-sili...ield-p327.aspx. I too can't have anything pressing against my eyelids. I tried the Tranquileyes but I prefer these.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
        Difficult to tell how sturdy they are, I asked Rebecca but she could only recommend the post lasik goggle and they stick out a lot at side a lot.

Do you know why you are waking up?
        No, it started when I got abrasion/inflammation under my top eyelid but that's supposedly almost all gone yet I still wake up.

Originally posted by lizlou29 View Post
        I use the Onyix goggles http://www.dryeyeshop.com/onyix-sili...ield-p327.aspx. I too can't have anything pressing against my eyelids. I tried the Tranquileyes but I prefer these.
        Those are very soft and can potentially bend inwards?

Comment

Ski goggles. And ambien. Ok I said ambien because everyone has heard of it (based on goofy side effects), but a small dose of a sleeping medication like Lunesta periodically could help you stay asleep withing requiring perfect comfort all the time. Which is really hard to find.

Although to be fair you may not want to take advice from the woman who sleep-walked her way into dry eye as a side effect of medication.

Comment

Originally posted by L8rgator View Post
            Ski goggles.
            Don't they stick out a lot on sides?

What about swimming goggles?
            Last edited by justbob; 05-May-2015, 10:58.

Comment

Got some Barracuda B300 swim goggles, says on back may cause contact dermatitis, that's a bit of a worry! And wow they stick out on the sides a lot.
              Last edited by justbob; 08-May-2015, 10:25.

Comment

Any other suggestions? Everything I've tried so far either is very soft in front or sticks out on sides, I really need to get good sleep, I already wake up many times a night.

Comment

Working...
                X