This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranquill eyes

So, i got my tranquill eyes from the dry eye shop the other day, so I have worn them 2 nights in a row to bed now. I see no difference even when waking up in the morning, or during the day... Am I supposed to see results right away or does it take more time? Am I doing something wrong?

I think you have to use t for 8 weeks to see the difference. I got mine 1 month ago still not difference.
    I have to discontinue since yesterday b/c my dog ate half of it and I had to re order yesterday. This si my second tranquileyes set, they all have a trgic ending. I have to be more careful with the next set.

I don't really know if poepl who has used it for longer see results. I hope we get answers.
    Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

The manufacturer, Eye Eco, says the following:

For best results, we suggest using tranquileyes daily for at least two weeks and then as needed.
      In my personal experience, it took some days before I noticed a difference on waking. At that point it wasn't a dramatic difference. What I first noticed was a reduction in FBS in my worst eye on waking. If I remember right it was after a week or two that I noticed that if I DIDN'T wear the goggle at night, I sure knew it in the morning. That's when I was hooked. Now that I'm in the northwest, I actually didn't need it for awhile. Then the temps dropped, heat went on, and my tranquileyes were back in place.

As to lasting benefits, I don't really know, we'll have to wait till we see some scientific reports and hear more from patients. I would not see benefits during the day myself because I wear sclerals. I guess my mental picture of this product is mostly about protecting during the night (preventing erosions, 'sticky eyelid syndrome', etc etc for those of us that dry out a lot overnight) and giving an extra boost as/when needed during the day.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

p.s. When you first start using this, DON'T stop using your usual overnight routine (compresses? lubricants? etc) - just add this to it. Wait till you get results before experimenting with cutting back on lubricants.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Yeah, I think of the tranquileyes as more of a comfort thing as opposed to any fix or cure. I love mine, although I can't tell you for sure what they have done for me. My eyes do not dry out as quickly at night. I still use anything and everything I did before. I still love my tanqs'.
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I wet the little foam thingies in the middle of the tranuilleyes before I put them on and go to sleep.. how do they help if b morning they are dry? Just curious how it works.

Comment

I often just use mine dry, though I apply a lubricant to my eyes first. I'm lazy.

I think there are two basic points to Tranquileyes:

One is creating a more moist environment around the eyes. That's where the moisture pads come in. They will not stay moist all night; the only way they could do that is if it were airtight (which would be dangerous - you have to have oxygen exchange in there). But they're keeping more moisture for a lot longer than would otherwise be the case.

The other is minimizing airflow over the eyes. For a lot of us slight opening of the lids causes evaporative loss that might not be a big deal to someone with otherwise normal tear film but which is damaging for those with already dry eyes. - This is why some of the other eye covering options we've talked about several times in these forums (simple eye masks, etc) can be beneficial, especially if the heat or a/c is on.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

new tranquil eyes user

I just got mine a week ago. So far, I've worn them every night, and have also used my regular gel/drops, too. I tried one night without the gel, and my eyes were still OK in the morning.

You know, the foam pads I got can really hold a lot of water! I've been saturating them--not squeezing out all that much--and they stay very moist till morning. They don't drip out extra water during the night.

I noticed my eyes got "goopier" during the day--I'm pretty sure it's a result of the higher humidity. I think I'm prone to a bit of bacterial growth. I noticed the same result when I went to humid Florida last year (I live in New Mexico where it's really dry). My eyes just churned out goop the whole time--really uncomfortable. I wondered what the heck was going on. An adjustment period, I have a feeling.

I tried adding a shot of aerosol saline to the moist pads before putting them in the goggles--I'm thinking maybe the salt might retard bacteria.

Anyway--I don't notice my eyes feeling radically better so far---BUT---I'm definitely SLEEPING better. Maybe the light blocking effect, but whatever it is, I like it.

C66

Comment

Cleaning the goggles

How are you cleaning your goggle pads? Do you do it every night?

I've worn them for two years and would not be without them. One of the things I have learned is to not just wet the pads, soak the pads!. I hold them under the hot water (distilled) and squeeze them out a few times in the water. Then I wet them again and just barely squeeze them. Then I put them in a clean paper cup of hot distilled water and let them set while I brush my teeth. I then put my gel in my eyes, turn off the lights, turn on humidifier and now...squeeze most of the water out leaving a little. You don't want them to drip. Put them in the goggles and get in the bed and put them on. Another hint, I fold the eye cups of the goggles together after I've wet them until I get in the bed. It helps them stay warm until I put them on.

Tranquileyes aren't meant to cure our eyes, they are meant to make our lives more comfortable. If your goggles are fitted right, and properly soaked, gel or drops in your eyes (renew maybe once during the night), you should be in much better shape in the morning than you would be without them. I for one don't want to go back to the days where my eyeball is stuck to my eyelid and the eyelids are glued together. The goggles stopped that for me. I love them!

Billye

Comment

Billye, I still have to put drops in at night, although probably not as often! Your details are very good as to what Tranquiles are intended for. I showed them to my ophth last time I went in and took him the address of the website. I even let him make the warming pad hot so I was able to show him how they worked. He had seen them at conferences, but I can imagine all the stuff the docs see and they don't remember it all.

Now, I've been lagging on getting the humidifier out and I am going to do it tonight. By mentioning this on the bb, I'll have to follow up.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Silverlady
                      How are you cleaning your goggle pads? Do you do it every night?
                      Well---as for myself--yes, I wash them first thing in the morning with the liquid soap that came with the goggles, and dry them, and put them in the net bag.
                      I wet them with RO filtered water for night-time, but haven't tried warming it so far.

I think they're a wonderful invention. I tried the plastic swim goggles--way last year--but they're weird to sleep in--like suction cups.

C66

Comment

I love my Tranquileyes too, especially the thermal eyes warm gel packs, would NOT be w/o those. I use an ointment also and keep the Tranquileyes on all night. No more eyelid sticking to eye problem. My eyes are still dry when I wake up, but at least I can open my eyes easily.

Comment

Incidentally I've had reports from a couple of people about using the ThermoEyes heat thingies on their own as an alternative form of warm compress. Haven't tried that myself yet. [Insert random disclaimer about it not being the manufacturer's recommended use, try at own risk, etc. ]
                          Rebecca Petris
                          The Dry Eye Foundation
                          dryeyefoundation.org
                          800-484-0244

Comment

I use mine dry too. The inserts cause me irritation.

Comment

On another thread, we talked about substituting makeup sponges for the foam inserts. You can buy a bag of these inexpensively at the drug store. They could be cut to size. An idea for saving money on replacement pads. This is--at your own risk, and my idea of a way to substitute, save money. It will not cure your dry eyes, darn.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                              X